The justice league of camera cyclist ride out.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Why? What are you struggling with when watching the redacted version?
The way it's edited so you don't see the whole incident from any angle. Neither do you see whatever preceded the incident, nor the aftermath. It may be the truth, but not the whole truth.
Yes, I'm sure SOTW will be retiring to The Hamptons by Xmas.
I have accused Traffic Droid and @sue perb of trolling this forum for profit. They have not replied to me.

Drago

Legendary Member
I accused the Dwoid of RLJing in one of his videos, and he has also failed to respond. Indeed, he tried to commit suicide under a taxi rather than respond to reasonable questions.

Origamist

Legendary Member
The way it's edited so you don't see the whole incident from any angle. Neither do you see whatever preceded the incident, nor the aftermath. It may be the truth, but not the whole truth.

I have accused Traffic Droid and @sue perb of trolling this forum for profit. They have not replied to me.

You'll have to wait for the redux version, then. As it is, you can still see the lead up to the collision, the collision and the immediate aftermath. Tell me what you can see from the available film, it's hardly "Rashomon".

Is the lack of response to your question relevant, here?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Both a pair of twats but I didn't think that looked all that close a pass (the first one) and why did Trafficdweeb then undertake the taxi. Also he then seemed to have plenty of space (unless his handlebars are 4ft wide) and deliberately 'leant' on the cab before he fell.
He might have a bit more control on his bike if he didn't have all that gubbins (modified selfie stick?) poking out the front.
I too feel there has been some 'creative' editing going on in the footage posted.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Both a pair of twats but I didn't think that looked all that close a pass (the first one) and why did Trafficdweeb then undertake the taxi. Also he then seemed to have plenty of space (unless his handlebars are 4ft wide) and deliberately 'leant' on the cab before he fell.
He might have a bit more control on his bike if he didn't have all that gubbins (modified selfie stick?) poking out the front.
I too feel there has been some 'creative' editing going on in the footage posted.

Are you seriously suggesting he had "plenty of space" when the cab pulled alongside the second time?

winjim

Smash the cistern
You'll have to wait for the redux version, then. As it is, you can still see the lead up to the collision, the collision and the immediate aftermath. Tell me what you can see from the available film, it's hardly "Rashomon".
I am unsure of the temporal sequence of the edited segments. I am therefore unable to tell you what I see.
Is the lack of response to your question relevant, here?
It implies a certain motivation towards the uploading of these videos, not necessarily consistent with the stated objective of improving road safety, nor with giving an objective, unbiased account of events.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Are you seriously suggesting he had "plenty of space" when the cab pulled alongside the second time?
I, for one, would have used my brakes in that situation.
I've also managed to get through gaps far 'tighter' than that appeared in the video but as soon as Trafficdweeb 'leant' on the cab he was guaranteed to come off

Origamist

Legendary Member
I am unsure of the temporal sequence of the edited segments. I am therefore unable to tell you what I see.

It implies a certain motivation towards the uploading of these videos, not necessarily consistent with the stated objective of improving road safety, nor with giving an objective, unbiased account of events.

Seriously? You can't follow the sequence events? If that's the case, I'd stick to watching live CCTV streams from convenience stores as the video is only a short, multi-perspective take on a collision - it's not a Chris Marker production.

If you're wondering why it is edited, it is to disguise the fact that sue perb was driving the taxi and it's all staged to make millions of pounds on LiveLeak and social media.

Last edited:

Origamist

Legendary Member
I, for one, would have used my brakes in that situation.
I've also managed to get through gaps far 'tighter' than that appeared in the video but as soon as Trafficdweeb 'leant' on the cab he was guaranteed to come off

Of course, you would have had the dexterity to avoid the collision and I'm sure in the past you have been passed with only mms to spare. That's not what I asked though.

Do you think the cyclist was passed with plenty of space?

Here is a frame grab before the collision:

image.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice screen grab, it shows exactly what I stated that trafficdweeb is blatantly about to lean on the taxi despite having 5-6ft of room on the inside.
If he plans on having an argument with 2 tonnes of metal driven by an irate nobber (better known as a London cabbie) he'd be better off not being on a cycle.
I return to my original statement that they're both idiots and Trafficdweebs actions meant him hitting the deck was inevitable.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It doesn't actually matter whether he leans towards the cab, you naturally move around a little and if he was trying to get away he will be pushing harder. However a vehicle shouldn't pass so close that someone could lean into them and should only pass if it is clear to make the overtake completely. There is a space on his left but I think it's just a gap in the parked cars rather than a clear lane.

Top Bottom