The Labrador Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
We all know Labradors are the best dogs in the World. Intelligent, sensitive, attractive, loving, protective of their family. Wonderful company.

They're also fascinating animal, with their webbed feet for swimming, water repellent costs, natural scenting and tracking ability.

So show us your Lab.

Here's Lemmy to start things off.

IMG_20170525_073943.jpg

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
We only ever had one lab..im sorry to say he got put down as he liked to bite people ...
As i was one of his victims ive never cared for them..

My sister has had about 5 of them mostely chocolate and they have been ok..fat buggers but that's her and hubby over feeding

raleighnut

Legendary Member
People over the road from me have 2 x German Shepherd guide dog brood bitches. That are lovely dogs, great temperament.

One of the few mongrels I'd ever consider would be the German Sheprador...

View attachment 359938
I used to have a black Lab/Shepherd cross, he was a nightmare. Lost count of the number of people/other dogs he bit including jumping through the (closed) front window to bite the Gas Meter reader who'd had the temerity to open the external box to do his job.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I saw one of these the other day.
View attachment 359944

I haven't seen one in ages. Every penny counts it said on the box,so i put 10p in.:angel:
My old local pub (The Magazine Hotel, sadly demolished now) paid for 3 guide dogs and had the official photographs proudly displayed in the pub.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
People over the road from me have 2 x German Shepherd guide dog brood bitches. That are lovely dogs, great temperament.

One of the few mongrels I'd ever consider would be the German Sheprador...

View attachment 359938

There's a couple near me who have one of those. It's fecking horrible!! They let it walk off the lead to intimidate people and other dogs. According to reports,it's bitten a few people but every time it does the owner pays them off to keep it quiet. The other day they drove past me in their car,with the monster's head hanging out the open window. It took a snap at me,like it does with anyone who gets near their car. One thing's for certain. If the monster bites me i wont be accepting a payoff,the fecker will be off to the doggie knackers yard.

These are my mates but I'd have a lab in a heartbeat if our JR wasn't the jealous type :wacko:

This was Bruce. Sadly he got loose and ran across a main road at 18 months and wasn't able to be saved. He was a tremendous dog and I felt his loss like I would my own :cry:
IMG_0877.JPG

Then they got Angus here. Angus now has the life of riley as they moved up to Orkney a couple of years ago :okay:
IMG_0546.JPG

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Spaniels are lovely dogs, but too small. Lemmy comes in the pub with me and no one titters - anything smaller than that would earn quiet comments of, "Aaarr, that Drago feller, I think he's turned a bit fruity, like. Minced in 'ere with a cat on a lead, and Betty from the shop reckons he wears after shave too."

Top Bottom