The Lego Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
Hello. One thing I have found useful during lockdown is building Lego.
I found myself suffering from anxiety and this helps! I got myself a Classic Lego set and I am now building lots of different models.
Does anyone else on here use Lego? I always loved it as a child. There's loads of ideas online.
Please post some pics fellow Lego modellers!

sleuthey

Legendary Member
My 2 year old loves his Duplo (chunkier version) . His favourite bit is tipping the whole box out onto the floor which I then have to clear up.

They said on QI that Lego manufactures more tyres per year than any other company eg. Michelin

Handlebar Moustache

Absolutely. I adored Lego as a kid. I didn’t have the best childhood and Lego was a way to take my mind off certain highly distressing things. Obviously when I got into my teenage years and discovered girls, music, booze etc. Lego fell by the wayside.

But having kids changed all of that. Lego was a great way of teaching my kids how to build things and also - frankly - a way of rediscovering my childhood, but with the money to actually buy some big kits. My son gets so absorbed building new things, it’s a fab way to spend a few hours.

Most of our Lego collection comes from a melange of eBay, a lady who was at East Fortune car boot sale (‘Lego lady’) that sold assorted bricks for £5 a bag, and full-price kits.

I tried the biggest technics set about five years ago (the Truck with crane on the trailer) but I am definitely not a fan of the new style of technic - would be interested to see if any on this forum are?

A part of me dreams of getting the UCS millennium falcon but I can’t stomach shelling out that amount of money for something that will just sit there.

Favourite model at the moment? The Lego Ideas Saturn V. It’s beautiful and brilliant.

To resurrect this thread I was helping my son build his Lego Technics Cement mixer just now. After an hour or so he went off to play xbox and an hour later I am still building the chassis and driveshaft. Love it still to this day. Wife comes home and just shook her head before walking off. I still have half of first book and all of second to go till its finished !
I put it to one side but keep looking over desperate to carry on building.
Love lego and especially Lego Technics

I absolutely love Lego! My eldest is well into it. For the massive kits we prefer to go for Wilko’s own Blox as it’s cheaper but just as good. We are currently building a metre long military warship that he got for Christmas.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
My daughter (9) had two sets of Lego for Christmas from a relative. Wasn't sure how she'd take to it, but she does love Harry Potter and these were The Grand Hall and The Knight Bus. She built both of them, all by herself, in three days. No help with anything other than opening the plastic bags which were a little too tough for her. Then she came to me with her Christmas money and said she'd found another set to extend her Hogwarts Grand Hall (The Whomping Willow set) and could I order it for her. Fortunately, I found it for £20 cheaper than normal so we ordered it and she is now part way through building it - flying Ford Anglia complete and she's half way through the tree before starting on the buildings.

I would have to help even if they didnt need it. Cant resist ^_^

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A couple of years ago one of my nephews got a lego (not Lego) Minion for his birthday... he (aged 6), his mother, or nana couldn't work out the instructions so i was tasked with getting the model started. It kept me (in my late 40s) quiet and occupied for a good few hours. It's relaxing.

This Xmas, my other nephew got a lego (not Lego) Man U football and i was tasked with getting it started... still strangely relaxing for a while, until the shoddy lego-like product got annoying... it's like miniature lego, with dots about 2mm diameter, made for much smaller hands than mine.

I bought them both proper Lego rally cars this Xmas... a Nissan GT-R and an Audi Quattro (80s style, my dream car as a school boy).

Last edited:
Top Bottom