The Lego Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
To resurrect this thread I was helping my son build his Lego Technics Cement mixer just now. After an hour or so he went off to play xbox and an hour later I am still building the chassis and driveshaft. Love it still to this day. Wife comes home and just shook her head before walking off. I still have half of first book and all of second to go till its finished !
I put it to one side but keep looking over desperate to carry on building.
Love lego and especially Lego Technics

When I was a kid I loved Lego , my favourite thing to build were towers, skyscrapers etc. I got them to the ceiling a few times. I think it's a little sad that it seems to all about the kit nowadays rather than a big tub of bits and your imagination, having said that some of the Technics kits are really impressive.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Absolutely. I adored Lego as a kid. I didn’t have the best childhood and Lego was a way to take my mind off certain highly distressing things. Obviously when I got into my teenage years and discovered girls, music, booze etc. Lego fell by the wayside.

But having kids changed all of that. Lego was a great way of teaching my kids how to build things and also - frankly - a way of rediscovering my childhood, but with the money to actually buy some big kits. My son gets so absorbed building new things, it’s a fab way to spend a few hours.

Most of our Lego collection comes from a melange of eBay, a lady who was at East Fortune car boot sale (‘Lego lady’) that sold assorted bricks for £5 a bag, and full-price kits.

I tried the biggest technics set about five years ago (the Truck with crane on the trailer) but I am definitely not a fan of the new style of technic - would be interested to see if any on this forum are?

A part of me dreams of getting the UCS millennium falcon but I can’t stomach shelling out that amount of money for something that will just sit there.

Favourite model at the moment? The Lego Ideas Saturn V. It’s beautiful and brilliant.

A mate of mine got the lego Saturn V for his kids (yeah right, we believe him) and it is fantastic - I want one!

newts

Veteran
I bought a few Technic sets for about £50 2nd hand back in 2002, JCB & supercar amongst them. I had great fun with our son as he grew in & out of these sets. In about 2010 I passed them onto a mate for his kids. They are hoepfully coming back soon for our grandsons to enjoy in the not to distant future. That'll be at least four young families for these sets, i'm sure that the JCB was 3rd hand by the time we got it going by it's age.

Julia9054

Guru
I stood in the queue in the Lego shop with some bit of Star Wars kit for my son for Christmas a couple of years ago. Got chatting to the bloke behind me. This is for my son - he’s 20, I said. This is for MY son - he’s 35 he replied!

chriswoody

Legendary Member
After playing with the kids Lego for a few years I've also ended up with some big kids Lego for birthdays and Christmas 😄

IMG_20190509_201209986.jpg

IMG_20210109_210740208.jpg

It's all very restful and some of the engineering, especially in the Saturn V is amazing.

Ah the Bugatti.......I am thinking about the Rough Terrain crane. Wife would remove my testis if I purchased the Bugatti at that price. Looking awesome, be good to see it finished :okay:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Top Bottom