The Lego Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She is built!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I did the VW camper van in November, that's a nice build... I'm lucky that my wife likes it as a sort of kitsch ornament, so it sits on the fireplace in the lounge. Then last night she said to me... "You know what, that would look really nice if it could somehow be lit up inside, like someone's living in it". Ah, I thought, I'm pretty sure you can get kits for that. And of course, you can! So I ordered one of the Lightailing kits that gets here today, and that'll be my little project tonight while I have a wee glass of something. Pics (of the lit up van) later....
I see they do one for the Beetle too, just in case you needed my help to lighten your wallet any further.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DCRZTHC/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
That’s 9p/brick on average. When geeking out, if you find a kit with no stickers or few stickers involved the cost per brick drops to closer to 5p/brick.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Very tempted:

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/lamborghini-sian-fkp-37-42115

Some reviews complain of the lime green parts not matching each other though.

Nice too!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ferrari-488-gte-af-corse-51-42125

The Porsche 911 RSR is like that, some pieces look bright white, some a kind of an off white, it's caused by some pieces (wheel arches for example) being a slightly porous plastic rather than the smooth finish of the flat panels. It doesn't jump out at you though, I find it doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as the undersized wheels annoy me on the Porsche.

I think when you pay 350 notes for a kit though your expectations are high.

It's funny seeing your post as I caught myself checking which Argos branches had the Lamborghini and Bugatti kits in stock earlier.. I nearly went for it!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The Porsche 911 RSR is like that, some pieces look bright white, some a kind of an off white, it's caused by some pieces (wheel arches for example) being a slightly porous plastic rather than the smooth finish of the flat panels. It doesn't jump out at you though, I find it doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as the undersized wheels annoy me on the Porsche.

I think when you pay 350 notes for a kit though your expectations are high.

It's funny seeing your post as I caught myself checking which Argos branches had the Lamborghini and Bugatti kits in stock earlier.. I nearly went for it!

The Lambo does look really sexy I have to say.

I like the look of the Ferrari, don't fancy doing all the stickers though (hated doing them on my Airfix/Tamiya kits tbh) but I've seen it on the web completed unstickered ie devoid of all the sponsership ones.

I did read about the different coloured whites on the Porsche but it does look nice- there's a vid online (YT) that shows how to lower the Porsche which makes the wheels look better.

Top Bottom