The Lego Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Small but perfectly formed

My son has just had his birthday and got some Lego kits. This is one of the builds. A pull back technics kit with bike, trailer and lorry. The motorbike has a pull back motor, the trailer goes up and down and the steering on the truck works. It’s Lego kit 42106.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
When I was a kid I loved Lego , my favourite thing to build were towers, skyscrapers etc. I got them to the ceiling a few times. I think it's a little sad that it seems to all about the kit nowadays rather than a big tub of bits and your imagination, having said that some of the Technics kits are really impressive.
Maybe we’re just too old fashioned, FF, but I'm with you. I still like playing with the original Legos, when we were left to create from our imagination.

CF2AB34B-EF17-44E8-B855-8DD7C62F955D.jpeg
80765D7A-C472-46A8-9D72-00A4EF651527.jpeg

A36C255D-D56B-41F0-A569-B853FBE767EE.jpeg
AD0C7CD5-E5CD-41B0-AF03-B7B8DC414B53.jpeg

But different toys for different boys (or girls). Hats off to the peeps that have the determination and project mindset to stick with those kits (and the same for people who can build complicated models.)

newts

Veteran
Lego Air Tech Claw Rig, the pneumatics are all still working after almost 30 years
1635267571487.jpeg

classic33

Leg End Member
I’ve started to suffer quite a bit with arthritis in my hands and have decided to have a go at a Lego Technic kit to try and retain the dexterity in my fingers.

I’ve ordered the 42110 Land Rover Defender kit as a first go.

That should keep me busy for a while. 😬
Will you be putting the lighting kit on it?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I’ve started to suffer quite a bit with arthritis in my hands and have decided to have a go at a Lego Technic kit to try and retain the dexterity in my fingers.

I’ve ordered the 42110 Land Rover Defender kit as a first go.

That should keep me busy for a while. 😬
It's very good that kit, I really enjoyed it. I hope it does your fingers good, it's really detailed and satisfying to put together.
20210124_143548.jpg

20210127_221719.jpg

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Will you be putting the lighting kit on it?
The lighting kit for the Land Rover, I wasn't sure about. I think it's quite a dear one, or maybe I thought the pictures didn't make me convinced it needs one, but I decided against it.
I did do the lighting kits on the T1 and T2 VW buses, those models really lend themselves to being lit at night.
20211027_202921.jpg

20211027_202906.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
The lighting kit for the Land Rover, I wasn't sure about. I think it's quite a dear one, or maybe I thought the pictures didn't make me convinced it needs one, but I decided against it.
I did do the lighting kits on the T1 and T2 VW buses, those models really lend themselves to being lit at night.
View attachment 615388
View attachment 615389
Was in a LEGO store earlier today, and saw the Landrover kit, built up, with the lights fitted.

newts

Veteran
View attachment 615388
View attachment 615389
Love the campers, very tempted on the T1.

Top Bottom