The Lego Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I knew I should have popped this thread on ignore. Now look what I've gone and bought!

It only cost €30 and my son's having a ball putting it together with me. As well as having a second official model you can also build, there are a fair few alternative one online as well. Should keep us amused through lockdown.

IMG_20210118_201415478.jpg

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Oh how I fought inwardly about the Bugatti and the Lamborghini and I nearly, so nearly got one of them, but the cost is pretty huge and not an easy sell to the family. Then I read reviews of the Land Rover Defender... (I hate the actual car itself, but somehow the Technic kit looks cooler), and builders said it was a better build for the money than the supercars, so I first treated the Mrs and daughter to something they wanted, then went and got one.
20210122_191256.jpg

Almost three hours so far, just to build the gearbox! It's nice to put together though. Approx 2600 pieces in all, so a thousand more than the Porsche RSR, but a thousand less than the Bugatti!
20210122_233935.jpg

20210122_235333.jpg

Last edited:

chriswoody

Legendary Member
@chriswoody for your lads birthday how about this? It’s big enough to hold the car you’ve just built.
https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/car-transporter-42098

That certainly would be good, sadly I really can't justify the cost. We did have an enjoyable few days putting the car together and he was fascinated to see how all the gears meshed together to make the steering and engine work.

Knowing how big the car is now it's finished, that transporter must be huge.

IMG_20210123_121502221.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Oh how I fought inwardly about the Bugatti and the Lamborghini and I nearly, so nearly got one of them, but the cost is pretty huge and not an easy sell to the family. Then I read reviews of the Land Rover Defender... (I hate the actual car itself, but somehow the Technic kit looks cooler), and builders said it was a better build for the money than the supercars, so I first treated the Mrs and daughter to something they wanted, then went and got one.
View attachment 570207

Almost three hours so far, just to build the gearbox! It's nice to put together though. Approx 2600 pieces in all, so a thousand more than the Porsche RSR, but a thousand less than the Bugatti!
View attachment 570208
View attachment 570209

That's a really cool kit. :okay:

Gunk

Guru
I did a bit more on the Chiron this afternoon, gearbox and engine built.

Top Bottom