The Lego Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
Take your time with the gearbox, I would imagine having to remove it to correct something would be an utter pain.

Also make sure the steering is true. I still have to take my Lego f1 car to bits as the steering wheel is pointing to the right when the front wheels are straight. very annoying.

Take your time with the gearbox, I would imagine having to remove it to correct something would be an utter pain.

I find that the gearboxes are the most enjoyable part.

The Willys Jeep MOC has a nice 4-speed H-pattern gearbox as part of the build.

I made a schoolboy error early on this build though, and put one of the diffs in the wrong way round which resulted in the front and rear wheels turning in opposite directions when you turn the prop shaft. Oops!
All sorted now though.

Johnno260

Veteran
I find that the gearboxes are the most enjoyable part.

The Willys Jeep MOC has a nice 4-speed H-pattern gearbox as part of the build.

I made a schoolboy error early on this build though, and put one of the diffs in the wrong way round which resulted in the front and rear wheels turning in opposite directions when you turn the prop shaft. Oops!
All sorted now though.

oh I enjoyed the gearbox, I did look at some tips online when I started as it was the first part you start with, and I didn’t want it to be in-correct as it was my first car using a gearbox.

One thing I did was use a very fine flat bladed screw driver and made sure none of the cogs were flush against something creating any friction I just centred it and the gear changes seem very smooth.

The box and instructions for this set are brilliant as well.

Johnno260

Veteran
It’s completed, I added my Senna and Charger for scale, the Sian is huge.

Johnno260

Veteran
I found the Senna to be a disappointing build.

Too many stickers and most of the build was purely for cosmetic pursposes.

I didn’t like the stickers, the charger had a few, the Sian zero.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jannie and I enjoyed a couple of days building the double decker bus. We bought it as a joint gift for Christmas.😁 We added some Christmas lights for effect. 😁

Attachments

• 20220104_191422.jpg
    20220104_191422.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220104_191403.jpg
    20220104_191403.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220104_191313.jpg
    20220104_191313.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom