The Lesser Spotted Bike Rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick1836

Über Member
Copied from one of my other forums.

The Lesser Spotted Bike Rider used to be common in the UK, thousands seen at dawn and dusk entering and leaving places of work.

Over the years their numbers were devastated by the increase use of motor vehicles.

Now they are facing extinction, their place taken by Licra Clad Cyclists, imported from the Continent, particularly France and Belgium

Just yesterday I glimpsed a Lesser Spotted Bike Rider, alone - it sat bolt upright with its Winter coat, distinctive straight handlebars moving gently along at 12 mph

The peaceful scene was shattered by the sudden appearance of a flock Licra Clad Cyclists racing past, heads down, tails up, eyes covered, ignoring everything in their path

The Licra Clad Cyclists are clearly taking over the habitat of the Lesser Spotted Bike Rider which now seems to be facing the same fate as the Dodo and Red Squirrel

upload_2015-2-26_19-23-29-png.55460

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Is that one of the lycra version in your avatar, then?

I'd rather have the Lesser Checked variety:

girl-bike1.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
It's funny you should mention this species. I'm an example of Mamillius Maximus, and having reached full maturity I'm about to shed my skin and metamorphose into a lesser spotted cyclist.

In other words, I'm thinking of getting a Pashley for unhurried local bimbles.

Straaaaaaaaaavaaaaa!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I really want to visit Amsterdam; friends who've been there say it's like looking inside a superior mind.

I bet the Netherands has a much lower rate of obesity than the UK.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I really want to visit Amsterdam; friends who've been there say it's like looking inside a superior mind.

I bet the Netherands has a much lower rate of obesity than the UK.

Lovely place - something for everyone, as they say. Galleries, museaums, canals, architecture aplenty...and the rest...book yourself a weekender & if you really must visit a coffee shop, probably best to make if the first thing you do, in case you forget everything else you might get up to. Strongly recommend noting down the nearest waffle house as well, if you do that :whistle:

Would recomend flight over eurostar - hours on a train otherwise but the scenic route is lovely as well...especially as you pass through Belgium...could always have a week on eurostar and stop off in France and Belgium as well...

Top Bottom