The little darlings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
I do wonder how teachers, social workers, health care staff and all the other who deal with violent and disruptive children on a daily basis manage to do so without routinely hospitalising them....
I don't think we do deal with them particularly effectively (I'm not for one minute suggesting beating them!) as the services needed to help these children and families have been cut to the bone. The best we manage is to contain them and minimise their effect on others.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I once had a chat with a child psychologist acquaintance in Glasgow who explained in layman's terms (thankfully) why some children behave badly and why this can turn into criminal behaviour that lasts into adulthood. Basically a child's brain isn't fully developed at birth and is reliant upon a number of factors to develop "normally", such as diet, vitamins, emotional stimulation etc etc. He dealt daily with children whose frontal lobes were "stunted" because they had been brought up on junk food or sat in front of the cheap babysitter for long periods (the tv). Essentially, these kids are "brain damaged". They don't react normally to various situations and can't be expected to act in a way most adults would say is rational. They can't help their behaviour and genuinely don't understand at a deep level what they're doing wrong. Violence doesn't modify their behaviour, "short, sharp, shocks" are meaningless. What is needed and what actually works is repairing and developing the parts of the brain with the missing connections.

Left on their own, the brain repairs itself, or you could say it continues it's development into adulthood at a slower rate. That's why crime figures drop dramatically for young men in their mid 20s.

There are a number of treatments that help but by no means cure young people in this situation.

Confronting young aggressive males won't change their behaviour - it's basically an invitation to engage on their terms and unless you're a Hollywood hero, you're going to lose.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Exactly! You're referring to "impact factors"

The three legs of the tripod are; Impact Factors - Legislation - Reasonable Response. A significant impact factor is numbers, more so than age or size. Get you on the floor and 4 early teens could easily kill you. The foot being attached to a 12 year old is zero consolation then your skull goes in.

Ive tied lawyers in knots in Court, because being specifically trained in the field I know the legislation better than they do.

there were witnesses about [...] I bet it hurt your mates hand more as I ducked and he hit my helmet.

rest assured they'll be defecating teeth.

HTH.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
[QUOTE 5309088, member: 9609"]unless the idea is to monetise the clip on Youtube of being hospitalised then I don't really see the point, doubt the police would be remotely interested.

I would have no idea how to deal with a situation like that other than to get away from it as soon as possible. It's just a Loose Loose situation, if they start to attack I doubt an average bloke would stand much of a chance against four 15 year olds (and that's even if they arn't carrying a knife). And even if you do manage to miraculously fight them off the police will probably charge you with assault and give the little darlings a bravery award.

This country has went to the dogs with its namby pamby politically correct plonkas. I blame the teachers, far too soft now - they used to beat the one's stepping out of line to within an inch - didn't do me any harm. Same with the police they used to just give you a good hiding, you got scared of doing wrong and that's a good thing. Now its just a laugh for teenagers cause nobody can do anything.[/QUOTE]
Don't blame the teachers or the police. They can't do anything anymore as the law protects the guilty nowadays.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
[QUOTE 5309163, member: 9609"]is that dog wearing a Neckerchief ? what sort of fanny has his dog wearing a Neckerchief ?

but then he seems to have a set of binoculars, so may be he does a bit of birding in between doing (what is he doing?)
what's the adjustable wrench for?

seriously - WTF[/QUOTE]

He's a quite small Australian man who travels alone with a dog which provides his only emotional support. He was crippled by a gang of cyclists and the adjustable wrench is for adjusting the leg brace he is forced to wear as a result of the assault. I presume it has bolts of multiple sizes so an adjustable wrench is more convenient than a full set of ring spanners. The binoculars are to watch out for cyclists. The dog wears it's handkerchief as it doesn't have a pocket.

[QUOTE 5309163, member: 9609"]seriously - WTF[/QUOTE]
You seriously don't recognise it????

max-poster.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi all: NOT a mod's note.
Somebody complained about me, as a mod, liking @Brandane's post up thread with the spiked club image.
To be clear, I'm not advocating clubbing the little darlings to death, I did suggest to Fossy to film them and to report them to the local Police liason officer.
It was obvious (to me) that @Brandane wasn't being serious, him being, as an ex policeman, well aware of the law.

It is clear though that more Police presence in secluded areas would be good, alas with the current budged cuts not realistic.
We are starting to see Police on bikes on a popular cycling route that includes well known drinking dens, I feel reassured when I meet them on my travels.
Children or not, I'm a 5ft nothing female, of course they scare me, they are bigger than me and violent.
We did a bike run for an organization a while back, one of the women ride leaders got showered by glass bottles on riding home through an estate, by children.
Violent children are scarier than the usual drunken adult congregation you see on canals or parks, because the children know no limits, they can harm you just for fun, as opposite to want to rob you, for example.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The thread is full of threats to do violence to a bunch of kids given half a chance. Pointing out that some of us think that is not acceptable or to be admired isn't 'a bun fight', unless all you really wanted when you mentioned this at all was cosy validation of your mr angry world view.

Where in this thread is MY 'mr angry world view'. You will see that I carried on and ignored them as I was enjoying my ride. Its other poster's views, and as the mods have pointed out keep your personal attacks out of the thread.

I do give up with the cliques on this forum, hense not bothering with it much these days. Far too many angry keyboard warriors that need to ride their bikes (if they have one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom