The longest climb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kajjal

Guru
Cadair Idris the mountain on the coast of Wales. Mountain biked up it, the climb goes on for every and nearer the top is alot rougher than any road ride. Coming down once you have recovered is really goid.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
As mention earlier in this thread, Crag Vale in Mytholmroyd. I did it on a Nishiki hybrid when I first started cycling again about two years ago, 5.5 miles, all uphill apart from the short stretch up by the reservoir at the very top. To say I was knackered by the time I got to the top would have been an understatement

kiriyama

Iv not done any particularly long climbs. Everything is steep around here. Longest are probably, Sky road, Wessenden, Holme Moss, snake pass to name a few. I suppose i should head over to Crag Vale this year as it's not too far away.

tonyg52

The Apennines or Apennine Mountains Italy

Attachments

• P1000105.JPG
    P1000105.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 36

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Did this ride a couple of weeks ago

https://www.strava.com/activities/538418656

Just over 7,000 feet of climbing apparently, though not in one go.

From Puerto Pollensa up to Coll de Femenia
From Femenia to Coll de Ries is up and down like a whores drawers
A massive descent down to Sa Colabra which is a nice and exciting recovery period.
Back up to the Coll. Never super steep, but never lets up. Took me 54 minutes. The last pitch to the Coll is the steepest!
More undulations back to Femenia.
A lovely descent back to sea level.

image.jpeg

Asturpedal

Regular
Hi everybody!
I think that the longest climb I have done is the Puerto la Cubilla, in Asturias (Spain), not too far from my town. It is 28,1 kms long or about 18 miles and below is its profile.
La Cubilla.jpg

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Cragg Vale last year would be mine. I'm very jealous of all these tales and pictures of foreign parts!

Is the Pinnacle new, @Pale Rider ?

It is, and is probably going to replace my Cannondale MTB as my push bike for shorter rides.

I thought about tinkering with the tyres on the Cannondale, but the bars are a touch low for me and the bike might even be slightly too small.

Thread about the Pinnacle here:

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/my-new-bike.198781/

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This:
Col-du-Telegraphe-Col-du-Galibier-Climbs-Profiles.jpg

The descent between Telegraphe and Galibier is so short it feels like one continuous climb. It was pretty tortuous, to be honest.
I am never going to be able to manage climbs like that until I sort out my core/back issues. The Telegraphe climb would have my back in knots and then I would be stuffed for the Galibier itself.

Top Bottom