The MANFLU thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Man Flu.jpg

man-flu.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
My head is exploding each time I cough, got a temperature I think and all my ear tubes are blocks and my balance is all arse about face.
So much for the jab. I'm guessing I picked this up on the hospital ward somehow, but I cant be sure.
At my age this is worrying, and deserving of higher levels of sympathy. I can hardly move from the sofa to make a cuppa, or even cook a meal, (strangly though I seem to be able to drive and play guitar ok).
Grim Reaper Laughing.jpg

Christopher

Über Member
I had a flu jab once...never again. It gave me a mini flu the next day. How'd that happen ?
We're martyrs really :whistle::laugh:
Think they inject you with a slightly detuned version of the 'flu virus. Think that one's bad, try a typhoid jab, that'll knock you flat.
Far as the OP goes, I last had 'flu in 1979!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
One advantage of getting older or even old is that i hardly get colds these days. From my teens to being fortyish i'd get four a year at least, and i always seemed to get one around Christmas. I haven't had a cold this year,and probably only two or three in the last ten years.

classic33

Leg End Member
One advantage of getting older or even old is that i hardly get colds these days. From my teens to being fortyish i'd get four a year at least, and i always seemed to get one around Christmas. I haven't had a cold this year,and probably only two or three in the last ten years.
Famous last words?

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I just try to out-ride man flu... most of the time it works.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I just try to out-ride man flu... most of the time it works.

...Nooooooo! That won't do at all....way to macho....get with the plan, we need you onside with this, how will women ever take this seriously if we don't present a coherent front?? Solidarity is where it's at!!

It's taking me my last breath just t o ty p e thi s ....cough....splutter ...suffer......

:whistle:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
...Nooooooo! That won't do at all....way to macho....get with the plan, we need you onside with this, how will women ever take this seriously if we don't present a coherent front?? Solidarity is where it's at!!

It's taking me my last breath just t o ty p e thi s ....cough....splutter ...suffer......

:whistle:

:cry::laugh::o)

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
We've now realised that in this house we've had a more or less permanent cold since the start of September :sad:

I've hardly been in the saddle at all during the last two months due to a chest-cold, but I'm fed up and now cold-be-dammed I'm going to start cycling again. I'm getting a double-chin.

This post wouldn't have been possible before I learned how to use dashes, just last month.

Top Bottom