Accy cyclist
Legendary Member
- Location
- The hills of Accrington
I opened it to find it in a nice suit bag and on a coat hanger, which is a first as even Cordings don't send you a hanger. Anyway, the bad news is that on trying it on it doesn't fit me well! It's too wide in the shoulders, too short in the arms, the arms are too wide and it feels 'boxy'. It's nowhere near as good a fit or good a quality as you'd get from a Cordings jacket. The velvet isn't that good either, feeling like part corduroy part velvet, whereas my three Cordings velvet waistcoats feel like proper plush velvet. I have a mandarin collar, mod type velvet jacket, bought six years ago that's made from much better velvet, only costing me something like £130 that fits and feels much better than this one. So, unusually for me I'm going to send it back for a refund. If I'd found it in a charity shop for say fifteen quid I might've kept it, but it cost around £545, so no way am I keeping it!
View attachment 821852
View attachment 821853
View attachment 821854
That's where the photos end as there's no point in posting pics of the jacket as it doesn't look that impressive to me!🤷
I eventually sent it back today, 16 days after it arrived, not wanting to wait any longer as the 30 day return period gets closer! Heck, £15.95 to send it via 'insured postage', which pays me £550 which was roughly the cost of the jacket, if the jacket doesn't make it back to the seller due to theft, loss etc. Yes, I could've sent it via 2nd class for £4 or £7 first class, but the anxiety causing thoughts of 'will It make it back to give me a refund'?!🙄 would be too much, so it was worth spending £15.95 to dispel those thoughts!🧐