The Merino thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
the merino possum is lovely. Haven't seen how it washes yet (handwash only) - I've got a pair of socks and a beanie and they are lovely and soft but still so warm!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
P.H said:
In a similar style, have a look at Stutt;
http://www.shuttvr.com/index.php

I don't have one (yet) but a friend who does swears by it. UK made, merino mix rather than pure merino.

I've got one of these - it's a great shirt.
I rang them up before I bought it as I wasn't sure about the itchyness, the MD of the company phoned me back, really nice guy - offered to refund if I didn't get on with it. I did though!
Looks good and works as it should -highly recommended.

yello

Noodley said:
One pair of merino possum socks ordered :biggrin:

I'd love to try them out but, for me, it works out at £20 for a pair of socks! That's just a tad too much for me to take a punt on so I'll just have to wait for the test reports before making a decision!

yello

Has the Stutt Winter shirt disappeared then? Last time I looked, it was a couple of weeks from delivery... now there's no info.

Noodley

yello said:
I'd love to try them out but, for me, it works out at £20 for a pair of socks! That's just a tad too much for me to take a punt on so I'll just have to wait for the test reports before making a decision!

I have tried all kinds of socks and combinations of layers over the years but still get really cold feet in winter - hopefully these will help, and will be 18 quid well spent.

I'm still off my bike so it might be a while til I get to try them out, but I'll let you know how they are as soon as I can.

yello

Dayvo said:
Are you all right, Noodley? :biggrin:

Cold feet apparently. :biggrin:

Noodley

yello said:
Cold feet apparently. :biggrin:

right that's it! No review for you :biggrin:

Doc has ordered me to rest: "do nothing" was what he said....hence I seem to be spending all my hours on here doing nothing. :biggrin:

dub-no-bass

I've got 4 of the Icebreaker ladies Bodyfit tops:
-One 200 chakra
-Two 260 tech tops
-One 320 original zip

The lightweight 200 top is quite itchy and doesn't seem to be smellproof so I rarely wear it. The other 3 are very comfy but I only break out the really heavyweight top in the middle of winter. On the very coldest days I wear two tops together.

I love these things and would highly recommend them for keeping warm.

I also have several pairs of Sealskinz liner socks which are a merino/polyester mix - brilliant for keeping your feet warm inside a generously-sized pair of winter boots.

Noodley

Noodley said:
This being off work is dangerous! One pair of merino possum socks ordered :angry:

That was good - less than 2 hours after ordering I got an e-mail telling me they had been dispatched. The postal strike may play a part in how soon they arrive.

Jonathan M

I've been using a merino top, just a boggo long sleeved one, that I got from www.thermalshop.co.uk, was £27 inc p&p, worn it a lot and washed it a few times, and other than a bit of an odd odour when wet, it works really well. Not itchy, not shrunk, and doesn't smell after use, which I never quite believed about merino kit until I tried it myself!

Top Bottom