The Merino thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Noodley said:
You'll be getting a slap delivered if you're not careful :biggrin::angry:

:thumbsup:

He's got to get past User76 first! :o)

Noodley

Noodley said:
That was good - less than 2 hours after ordering I got an e-mail telling me they had been dispatched. The postal strike may play a part in how soon they arrive.

The postal strike seems to have by-passed me as the socks arrived today by recorded delivery.

I'm currently wearing them and they are very comfy. Not as thick as I thought they would be which is a bonus for cycling shoes :wacko: Very soft feel. I'll post some performance feedback once I have worn them in the cold.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Noodley said:
The postal strike seems to have by-passed me as the socks arrived today by recorded delivery.

I'm currently wearing them and they are very comfy. Not as thick as I thought they would be which is a bonus for cycling shoes :thumbsup: Very soft feel. I'll post some performance feedback once I have worn them in the cold.

Just wheel the sofa over and stick your feet out of the window;)

Hope you're on the mend!!

Alun

Guru
M&S are selling 30% Merino baselayers for £15, both long and short sleeves. They are very good too, if you don't mind the cream colour.

The on-one top arrived this morning, and very nice it is too. I like the retro styling.
I'll get out and give it a test tomorrow sometime, though I think I'll either need a baselayer or a windproof depending on weather.

yello

Piemaster said:
I think I'll either need a baselayer or a windproof depending on weather.

Windproof probably. For me, merino is base/mid layer only...and that's general purpose, walking etc. For cycling, it's a base layer only! Merino is absolutely pants for wearing as an outer and the wind will whistle right through it. You'll freeze without something over it.

This time of year, for me, it's merino base and cycling shirt. That keeps me warm enough as a rule during the day. I'll stick an outer on if it's breezy, raining or cold; the outer depending on the conditions. My CC/Endura wind proof is damned good, I have a Rapha softshell jacket for rain, and a ProBikeKit winter jacket if it gets really cold.

I'd sort of realised I'd really need windproof after posting. I really like the design though so it would have to be windproof off if I stopped anywhere it could be admired. Such as at traffic lights :biggrin:.
Pity it wouldn't work as a base layer if I wore the windproof under it though....

redjedi

Über Member
Piemaster said:
I'd sort of realised I'd really need windproof after posting. I really like the design though so it would have to be windproof off if I stopped anywhere it could be admired. Such as at traffic lights :bicycle:.
Pity it wouldn't work as a base layer if I wore the windproof under it though....

Get yourself a clear windproof jacket :welcome:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
oooooooh merino thread, how did I miss this?

baselayers;

old tog-24 , fantastic quality, feels like top quality cotton

'parameno' or something like that from an outdoor shop - (mountain something?) use it for cycling

a nice brooks t-shirt & like piemaster, a 'on-one' merino top (british racing green) top quality, (must not wear the same one on a ride with piemaster, the fashion faux pas:blush:)

Have some merino mix socks (columbia), but must get some woolie boolies or similar?

Has anyone got the merino cycling shorts?

The endura stuff does look good.

craigwend said:
a nice brooks t-shirt & like piemaster, a 'on-one' merino top (british racing green) top quality, (must not wear the same one on a ride with piemaster, the fashion faux pas:blush:)

Damm you craigwend. I'll have to buy a black one now as well.
Hey ho...:smile::biggrin:

Top Bottom