The Merino thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bongo Bill

Mrs Bongo Bill got me a very nice Merino jersey for Christmas. My first Merino anything and I have to say I really like it. She got it online from a shop based in New Zealand called Ground Effect.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

jay clock

Massive member
Mrs Bongo Bill got me a very nice Merino jersey for Christmas. My first Merino anything and I have to say I really like it. She got it online from a shop based in New Zealand called Ground Effect.
superb stuff Ground Effect. Fits me like a dream

format

Über Member
Possible better to bump this than make a new one.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced Merino Long Sleeved baselayer? I get hot n sweaty pretty quick despite being reasonably fit and I'm looking for something to help out.

Thanks.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced Merino Long Sleeved baselayer? I get hot n sweaty pretty quick despite being reasonably fit and I'm looking for something to help out.

Always Chocolate Fish Merino for me...
http://www.chocolatefishmerino.co.uk/technical/lscrew.html
Not sure if it fits the 'reasonably priced' but very happy with ours.

They've just compared their fabric under a microscope with another manufacturer's to show the better quality, apparently.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Possible better to bump this than make a new one.

Thanks.

Howies' NBL Light is the thing if you're inclined to overheat. It's thin. They're inclined to stretch rather than shrink so think about going a size smaller. Usually a bit pricey, but on sale at the moment.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I love these Orca tops..

http://www.orca.com/product/merino-base-s-s

Black, comfy, like plain t-shirts that have been durable.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
I've got two Merino items (1) Aldi LS zip up top ... Lovely top, looks just as good down the pub as on the bike, just a little bit itchy but not worth worrying about (2) Planet X LS jersey from On-One ... This is perfect in everyway, looks great and very comfortable, can't wait to see what's it like on the bike when it get colder.

Yes Jay-clock, they are indeedy cool as f**k

Top Bottom