The Merino thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
18.5 micron New Zealand Merino
See here:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Noodley said:
But I have worn them every day since I got them as they are so comfortable, soft and warm. I have not washed them and they are as fresh as the day they arrived.
Are these the ultimate "teenager/single man clothes" then ??? :becool:

BigSteev

Inspired by this thread my Endura Baabaa has also been tested by a combination of wearing for multiple days whilst skating, cycling and general lounging about whilst not seeing the inside of a washing machine and it too appears to be free of the aroma that would accompany a man made fibre top subjected to similar abuse.
I'm very impressed.

Noodley

BigSteev said:
Inspired by this thread my Endura Baabaa has also been tested by a combination of wearing for multiple days whilst skating, cycling and general lounging about whilst not seeing the inside of a washing machine and it too appears to be free of the aroma that would accompany a man made fibre top subjected to similar abuse.
I'm very impressed.

Yes, mine remains unwashed after many wearings, mostly off the bike but also one 50km ride on Monday - still fresh.

Randochap

Senior hunter
My favourite is an old (25 years) Janus Merino/acrylic blend. Amazingly, it looks almost new and still performs well.

I have a base layer (foundation garments!) page linked from the Winter Cycling section.

potsy

Rambler
phil_hg_uk said:
Got an Endura BaaBaa Merino S/S Base Layer today, just been out for a spin to test it. Wore it under a zip neck top and it is lovely and warm, usually I take a Medium but had to get a Large they are a very tight fit but then I guess they need to be. I think I will get the L/S version as well for when it get colder.

http://www.endura.co.uk/Product.aspx?dept_id=125&prod_id=204

GetImage.aspx
Just ordered one of these long sleeve version,should be great for the rest of winter.
How are they once washed,do you need to do anything special or just a normal wash?

marooncat

Got the long sleeved baa baa one for my xmas - not had a chance to test it yet but impressed with its feel when on etc.

Just need the nasty white and shiny stuff to go away now and I will try it out properly.

Top Bottom