The Merino thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
having an icebreaker merino i know the thickness of their wool, does anyone know the relative thickness of howies merino?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
18.5 micron New Zealand Merino
See here:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Chocolate fish top is great so far - comfortable and hasn't torn.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Noodley said:
But I have worn them every day since I got them as they are so comfortable, soft and warm. I have not washed them and they are as fresh as the day they arrived.
Are these the ultimate "teenager/single man clothes" then ??? :becool:

BigSteev

Inspired by this thread my Endura Baabaa has also been tested by a combination of wearing for multiple days whilst skating, cycling and general lounging about whilst not seeing the inside of a washing machine and it too appears to be free of the aroma that would accompany a man made fibre top subjected to similar abuse.
I'm very impressed.

Noodley

BigSteev said:
Inspired by this thread my Endura Baabaa has also been tested by a combination of wearing for multiple days whilst skating, cycling and general lounging about whilst not seeing the inside of a washing machine and it too appears to be free of the aroma that would accompany a man made fibre top subjected to similar abuse.
I'm very impressed.

Yes, mine remains unwashed after many wearings, mostly off the bike but also one 50km ride on Monday - still fresh.

Randochap

Senior hunter
My favourite is an old (25 years) Janus Merino/acrylic blend. Amazingly, it looks almost new and still performs well.

I have a base layer (foundation garments!) page linked from the Winter Cycling section.

potsy

Rambler
phil_hg_uk said:
Got an Endura BaaBaa Merino S/S Base Layer today, just been out for a spin to test it. Wore it under a zip neck top and it is lovely and warm, usually I take a Medium but had to get a Large they are a very tight fit but then I guess they need to be. I think I will get the L/S version as well for when it get colder.

http://www.endura.co.uk/Product.aspx?dept_id=125&prod_id=204

GetImage.aspx
Just ordered one of these long sleeve version,should be great for the rest of winter.
How are they once washed,do you need to do anything special or just a normal wash?

marooncat

Got the long sleeved baa baa one for my xmas - not had a chance to test it yet but impressed with its feel when on etc.

Just need the nasty white and shiny stuff to go away now and I will try it out properly.

Top Bottom