The Merino thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went out in the on-one top yesterday and this morning, and I like it even more now. Actually went back to the house this morning after a few minutes as it was a bit cool without a windproof with the air blowing through it and too warm with, so picked up my gilet which proved ideal.

Piemaster said:
Went out in the on-one top yesterday and this morning, and I like it even more now. Actually went back to the house this morning after a few minutes as it was a bit cool without a windproof with the air blowing through it and too warm with, so picked up my gilet which proved ideal.

Piemaster,

I'm very tempted by the on-one especially with the discount! Two questions does it wash okay? and how is the sizing. I'm 5'10" and about 41" around the chest (moobs not muscle:blush:) I guess a large to be on the safe side?

thanks

SoulOnIce

BalkanExpress said:
Piemaster,

I'm very tempted by the on-one especially with the discount! Two questions does it wash okay? and how is the sizing. I'm 5'10" and about 41" around the chest (moobs not muscle:blush:) I guess a large to be on the safe side?

thanks

Me too - I like the look of this but I have two questions:

1. Sizing - I'm 5'10" 44" chest - what size d'ya reckon? XL?

2. How you you get the discount?

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Hi I got a large & I'm 5'8" & 40" chest, very nice fit (perfect) if that helps?

the discount code (again) is 2weeksonly

BalkanExpress said:
Piemaster,

thanks

SoulOnIce said:
Me too - I like the look of this but I have two questions:

1. Sizing - I'm 5'10" 44" chest - what size d'ya reckon? XL?

2. How you you get the discount?

The sizing on the web site seems about right, and actually seems sensible to compare yourself to a real person. I went for XL, a size above what I normally wear (L). Fit is close but not tight, I'm 6'2" and 46" chest. It shows the midriff bulge off more than I'd like, but thats mine and not the shirts fault ;).
Cycling stuff generally seems to be smaller than high street now - I used to buy XL but have found it to be big over the last few years and I don't think I've changed just high street stuff has changed their sizing, but i digress.
Can't answer the washing question yet as I'm wearing it at the moment, even after a vigorous ride today it doesn't smell. I shall let you know. I'm holding off on ordering another until it has been washed, but having a 'Descente' merino s/s shirt from PBK I'd be surprised if there is any major sizing change.

Discount code is '2weeksonly' at the checkout stage.

Washed the On-One shirt today. Firstly I have to apologise as I ordered an XL but didn't notice until I was trying it on a few minutes ago to check after its wash that it is only labeled 'L'. However my comments on fit still probably stand as it has shrunk slightly and is now closer fitting than I would like. Ok as a base layer but as it will now have to stretch a bit more to fit will be even less windproof than before.
It also now shows my belly off even more :hungry:. Some motivation to lose some inches then.

Piemaster said:
Washed the On-One shirt today. Firstly I have to apologise as I ordered an XL but didn't notice until I was trying it on a few minutes ago to check after its wash that it is only labeled 'L'.

Sounds about right for On-One. Drop them a line to say they've sent you the wrong item. Send it back and ask them to send you what you ordered. You've only had it a few days.

GrahamG

Guru
Wore my synthetic sleeveless base layer last weekend for a couple of hours hard sweaty riding and it stank when I got home, it still smelled bad after a 40 degree wash. I'm just not going to bother with anything synthetic for base layers/jerseys in future unless it's a sportswool type mix.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
New Horizon said:
Sounds about right for On-One. Drop them a line to say they've sent you the wrong item. Send it back and ask them to send you what you ordered. You've only had it a few days.

I've never had a problem with Planet X/On One for delivery or accuracy.
Bikes, components or clothing - always been very good.

Noodley

yello said:
'ere, Noodley, worra'bout them socks then?

Apologies, I am still off my bike so have not worn them yet whilst cycling.

But I have worn them every day since I got them as they are so comfortable, soft and warm. I have not washed them and they are as fresh as the day they arrived.

I hope to get out on my bike soon (maybe in the next week or so) and will let you know how they are.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Chocolate Fish merino zip top came through the post yesterday. Not used in anger yet, but delivery has been quick and trouble free.

Still prefer the style of the Howies - plain colour is a bit dull. Performance assessment to come later.

Top Bottom