The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KingswayRider

Über Member
I've finally edged my imperial Eddington number beyond the 65's (70 is still a work in progress). If the weather holds I might get my 100x100km's completed before the end of the year (I currently have enough 100k's to have a 62 mile Eddington from the start of last year).
In addition to the Elevate app for Strava, I've now discovered Wandrer.Earth for even more cycling info. I'm not sure if so much information is a good thing - I can now obsess over my Strava heatmap filling in fine detail with statistics by area.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Hard luck @gbs Sometimes real life gets in the way.

What he said. Look forward to joining you again next year ..... though I'm in two minds as to whether to go all the way. I'm currently on 90 centuries and will try to get that up to 91 tomorrow. It's not so much a temptation to get it up to 100 next year as a feeling that I'll really regret it if I don't. Aiming to concentrate more on quality of rides than on distance or targets next year.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well spotted. I was trying to but my signature is now 'too big' (meaning the BBcode exceeds some limit or other), so I've modified it for simplicity. And thanks.
It looks better the way you modified it ^_^
Yes, anyone wants stars added the old way, I can fix this by going deep into CC, feel free to ask me ^_^

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Didn't make it today. Was going to do the club ride and add 20 miles to complete the challenge. Haven't been out much lately, and had a rotten night's sleep through staying up late trying to write a eulogy for my brother. When it was time to get up, the wind was howling and my palm tree was doing semaphore. A sleep in was just too tempting. I'll have to try another day, though with every day I don't ride I'm probably losing fitness.

KingswayRider

Über Member
@Donger - keep it going, tick off the 100 (what happened to being out for a 100k today?)
@gbs - sorry you couldn't complete the year...not too long to wait to start again next year.

I've finished my 100k challenge for the year with another 100km ride today. I'm now just two 100k's away from the hundred 100k's & 9 away from the seventy 70 mile rides (Eddington currently at 66 miles, one more to 67 miles). Should I push on the Eddington number to 75 miles, then I have "just" another 37 to go.
My slightly OCD heatmap filling has pushed me on to 54% of Gloucester according to Wandrer.Earth (this mornings pre-ride before the club ride took in Barton, Tredworth & Linton & looked like 90 degree turn practice - so many streets to ride up & down).
I'll keep pushing to keep infilling, not just for the Gloucester district, but to keep completing the heatmap (Cheltenham & Stroud districts both at 41% & Tewkesbury at 39%, so I want to bring these up to 50%).

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
That's me done too. My first ride for exactly a month and boy, was my body telling me. Went with the club ride, up through Stroud and up the Slad Valley and over to to Lypiatt before dropping back down to Stroud for our cafe stop at 30 miles. I had come closer to blacking out that I'd ever done before on the climb, but fortunately at the exact time I really needed a rest I was passing Laurie Lee's bench at Bull's Cross. After the cafe stop, I didn't trust myself to accompany the others back to the start, as I reckon I'd have given up and gone home. So I said my goodbyes and headed off in the opposite direction, going to the Slimbridge WWT before returning via Frampton and doing a couple of little loops that meant I'd arrive home pretty much exactly on 100km. Bumped into @jembullo of this parish on the way home, just as I was stopping for yet another badly needed stretch and he boosted my spirits. I'm getting too old for this.

That's my last metric century of the year; last ride of the year in fact, and 48 points in total for 2021. Today's trundle, dipping in and out of cloud inversions, hovered a degree or two either side of zero, never going above 4C, and that for only half an hour. Ignoring the undoubted inaccuracy of the gps recorded figure, I did get my annual recorded total to precisely 10 Mm, so that's pleasingly neat :-)

Top Bottom