The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
First to start & last to finish...so long as you drag yourself over the line it's all good.
357 days after my first ride in the challenge, the last one has finally been completed for my second star.

Essentially re-did the route that I'd done for February's ride, but with a couple of extra detours added to take me around the two Hampton hamlets for the first time and also the climbs of Panshill and the Brill Escape Road (where you go halfway up the climb to Brill, then wimp out and follow the road around it rather than over it).

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Well done to everyone who has kept plugging away this year.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Well done to all completers. I shall (re)join you all for 2023 (with my new hip powering me there) and aiming for PBP.
I could have been really silly and slipped in a 100 in early May, had my (day surgery) THR on 10 May, and been fit/rehabbed enough to get round a 100 by D+50, but prudence (don't start in January) made sure there was no temptation so to do.
Anyway, Merry Christmas to all (and back to bed now the turkey's in).

steverob

Guru
Does anyone want me to start a 2023 thread for this in advance, or should we carry on what seems to be the tradition of whoever is first to do a ride in the New Year is the one with the responsibility?

I’ve not actually decided yet whether I’m going to take part in this next year, but even if I don’t, it’s not exactly a lot of work to kick off a new thread.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm in. January done.

I did the imperial century a month last year, but it involved some rides that took absolute ages and left me completely wasted. So I decided to come down to the 100k, but to spice it up I chose a very hilly route. It took absolute ages and left me completely wasted.:wacko:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Well, as someone kindly created a thread, I thought it best to add an entry - January done (just over the 100k, but they all count). Finished up 2022 with 5616 miles & an imperial Eddington of 51 for the year. Still chasing the overall Eddington of 75.

silver-star-small-jpg-115040-jpg-jpg.jpg

silver-star-small-jpg-115040-jpg-jpg.jpg

Metric century challenge 2020, 2021, 2022
full.gif

- Imperial Eddington number: 73 (July '17 to present)
full.gif

- Metric Eddington number: 105 (July '17 to present)
I think you need to give yourself a third star! Or reduce to a single star, and multiplier.

steverob

Guru
Well despite starting the 2023 thread, it looks like I won't be taking part in the MCAM this year. Today was my last chance to get a qualifying ride in but when I woke up, my legs were still sore from yesterday's harder than it looked Zwift effort and I thought that it was unlikely I'd get 100km done. I still went out and optimistically started following my planned route, but almost immediately was having trouble changing gears - down was fine, but up was taking 5-10 seconds (and multiple lever presses) to take effect, which was rather annoying when I was on quite an undulating route where I'd normally be constantly changing. And then when I came across a road closure after 20 miles that was going to mean a massive detour, I figured that the gods were against me today and it would be better to head home (especially as I knew I'd at least get 50km done for the Half Century challenge by then).

Still it means I will be able to give the Lunacy Challenge a go instead, probably setting a target of 65 miles so I can increase my Eddington score before the end of the year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom