The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Another one done and dusted yesterday nearly 67 miles around the lanes including boot hill in atherstone heading towards shenton for a cake stop at whitmoors then blasting back with a tailwind .Very chilly at the start so it was full kit mode then overdressed by the end .I had planned to get another 50 miles in today but just cancelled the club easter ride as its pissing it down :sad:

YoMYLScRUhZL6MXk3jZFsF1Gsf_gI4T1dxd-VnUtR0c-2048x1498.jpg

W7LDFBMPTTG3KCQOOCEYUODEDANIGK6FUTCWZ7HGMHRQPZ3TRAVPVTT44ZA2DUGFPB3OVLSF7P6ZHC5MP3O2NMYZSOF2ZR...png

cyberknight

Hard work today and i didnt think i would make it as the weather was horrible , luckily i had company who gave me the motivation to ride and when i got back i was only half a mile short so rode up and down to get the ride in .Now to wash the bike !!

13 rider

Guru
Jan 29 - 63.93 miles, 2,485ft, 4.40.29 Bilton, Dunchurch, Toft, Kites Hardwick, Tomlow, Napton on the Hill, Chapel Green, Marston Doles, Priors Hardwick, Upper Boddington, Claydon, Cropredy, Great Bourton, Little Bourton, Banbury, Middleton Cheney, Thorpe Mandeville, Lower Thorpe, Culworth, Moreton Pinkney, Canons Ashby, Adstone, Maidford, Little Preston, Preston Capes, Charwelton, Priors Marston, Marston Doles, Southam, Kites Hardwick, Toft, Dunchurch, Cawston, home.

Feb 19 - 62.28 miles, 2,413ft, 4.18.30 Bilton, Newbold on Avon, Harborough Parva / Magna, Pailton, Cross in Hand, Magna Park, Bitteswell, Lutterworth, Kimcote, North Kilworth, Sibbertoft, Clipston, East Farndon, Great Oxendon, Arthingworth, Kelmarsh, Haselbech, Cottesbrooke, Guilsborough, West Haddon, Watford, Crick, DIRFT, Barby Nortoft, Barby, Dunchurch, Cawston, home.

Mar 19 - 66.29 miles, 2,364ft, 4.33.54 Bilton, Cawston, Bourton on Dunsmore, Birdingbury, Long Itchington, Bascote, Bascote Heath, Harbury, Bishop's Itchington, Gaydon, Chadshunt, Kineton, Little Kineton, Butlers Marston, Pillerton Hersey, Pillerton Priors, Fulready, Honington, Upper Brailes, Whatcote, Oxhill, Little Kineton, Kineton, Northend, Knightcote, Cross Green, Bishop's Itchington, Southam, Kites Hardwick, Toft, Dunchurch, Cawston, home.

Apr 22 - 71.70 miles, 2,533ft, 5.01.46 Bilton, Newbold-on-Avon, Harborough Parva / Magna, Cross in Hand, Magna Park, Bittesby, Ashby Parva, Leire, Broughton Astley, Primethorpe, Sutton in the Elms, Croft, Huncote, Enderby, Leicester Forest East, Kirby Fields, Kirby Muxloe, Ratby, Groby, Newtown Linford, Anstey, Cropston, Swithland, Rothley, Thurcaston, Anstey, Glenfield, Leicester Forest East, Enderby, Narborough, Littlethorpe, Cosby, Broughton Astley, Frolesworth, Ullesthorpe, Claybrooke Parva, Monks Kirby, Street Ashton, Stretton under Fosse, Brinklow, Bretford, King's Newnham, Church Lawford, Long Lawford, home.
You would have rode past my house today . I live just inside Anstey as you come from Newtown Linford . The kettle would have been on

steverob

Guru
Oh rats, I appear to be out. I could have sworn I'd already done April. But it seems not.
Annoying because I was out on Saturday and did not much less than 100k. I could easily have extended it if I'd remembered. :sad:
I have you down as having completed for April, unless given the date it was an April Fool joke in disguise! :smile:

April 1st. SE4,, Titsey, Ide Hill, Hildenborough, Hadlow, Stapleford (Greggs!) Tonbridge, Four Elms, Chartwell, Titsey, SE4. 165.9 km 1,570m

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have you down as having completed for April, unless given the date it was an April Fool joke in disguise! :smile:

Phew! Thank you so much. You are right. My pilgrimage to Greggs in Stapleford. How could I forget?

It wasn't in RideWithGPS. I was relying too much on technology. Garmin Connect normally synchs with RWGPs but it must have missed this one. That's a big relief.

You know, I was sure I'd done April. And I had. :smile:

That's made my day.

KingswayRider

Über Member
Finished off last month with a 110 mile ride & started this month with the same distance. Nice to have the 100k done for the month, but I always want to add a few more. Ticking off some more Wandrer mapping too, so always a bonus.
Good to see @Donger join us this morning, before peeling off at Hill to complete his 50k.
I've also got round to updating my Edddington number - still stuck on 75 miles (have loads of rides at that distance), but my metric Eddington has crept up to 111km.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Good to see @Donger join us this morning, before peeling off at Hill to complete his 50k.
I've also got round to updating my Edddington number - still stuck on 75 miles (have loads of rides at that distance), but my metric Eddington has crept up to 111km.
Actually, I managed a bit of zigzagging on my way home and turned it into a 50 miler. My 99th 50 miler .... so I reckon that stat will need tidying up. Eddington (imperial) still stuck on 63 and don't think it will ever shift from there now. Good to see you taking to this challenge lark.

cyberknight

No riding at all for me this weekend :sad:
I had planned to get another metric in sunday but sat night my dodgy knee looked like it had a swelling on the side of the knee so took the decision to rest it , gutted as it was a cracking day for riding and today its raining

cyberknight

may`s metric done with a 66 mile/106 km blast including a pb for the metric today :smile: .
2 up with a real locomotive of a rider sharing the work and tucking into the slipstream , it didnt help i thought it was going to be a social ride but the slower riders were a no show so i was on a heavy bike so fell behind on hills ( thats my excuse :smile: )

KingswayRider

Über Member
I'm on a good run...posting 100+ mile rides for the last three Sunday's. Today was a little shorter than the last 2 (both (110), but with 1460m of ascent & some chasing of the group when I ducked off to do some Wandrer mapping. Solo 45 this morning, heading out early to tick off new miles in Charlton Kings & Ham before heading back & squeezing in a little mapping in Gloucester to take me to 99.1% of Gloucester now completed (378.8 miles in total).
Sat on the front in the stronger than expected headwind down the A38, shielding other riders. Ducked off for a short section in Newnham & chased to be back on by Blakeney. Ducked off again, going up a different valley & climbing over the ridge to drop back to New Road & chasing up the hill to catch before Mallards Pike & a cuppa stop. I did a couple of little extra's in Littledean before catching the group on the little climb up The Slad & then peeled off yet again to do the loop & the little link lane that peel off from the direct route through. This added a decent chunk of climbing & distance, so I had a long chase to get back to the group, pushing hard through the little ups to maintain pace & finally caught the group again just before the Bulley junction on the A40. Back across Gloucester & a few of us added in a bit extra to boost the mileage, with two of us hitting our hundreds.
I need 220 miles by the end of the month to keep up with last years mileage at the same date (ahead currently, but no room for complacency as I still need around 2000 miles by early September to keep pace with last year).
Good to see that there are a number of riders still in the challenge this year too - keep it up.

Attachments

• 2023-05-14 10.52.41.jpg
    2023-05-14 10.52.41.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 0

13 rider

Guru
January
2 Jan
. 121km 1550m. Truro - Stithians- Helston- Lizard Point- Gweek- Stithians- Chacewater- Truro.
February
2 Feb.
101km 1610m. Truro - Perranwell- Polkerris- Helston- Porthleven (tea and cake)- Rinsey - Polkerris - Perranwell - Chacewater - Blackwater- Threemilestone - Truro
5 Feb. 102km 1420m. Truro- Coombe- St Stephen- Roche- Indian Queens- St Newlyn East - Perranporth- Chacewater- Bissoe- Point- Truro
9 Feb. 123km 1650m. Truro- Perranwell Station- Polkerris- Gweek- Lizard Point - Poldhu Cove- Helston- Polkerris- Perranwell Station- Truro
19 Feb. 105km 1200m. Truro- Bissoe- Four Lanes- Leedstown- Relubbus- St Hilary- Marazion- Penzance - Hayle- Portreath- Blackwater- Truro
March
2 March.
105km 1320m. Truro- Perranwell- Leedstown- Goldsithney- Marazion- Hayle (cake stop)- Portreath- Tregavethan- Truro
26 March 106km 1261m, Finally out of Cornwall on Mad March audax. Cranbrook- Otterton - Uffculme - Churchinford - Cranbrook
April - Covid month!
22 April.
207k 1785m. Cranbrook - Cullompton- Wellington- Taunton- Bridgewater- Wedmore- Cheddar- Wedmore- Taunton- various obscure villages- Cranbrook. (DIY audax ride)
May - busy month!
29 May.
100.5k 1300m Truro - Bissoe - Stithians - Four Lanes - Praze-an-beeble- Relubbus- Goldsithney- Marazion- Hayle- Portreath - Truro
May must be busy you've got your ride done tomorrow! The 29th

Top Bottom