The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm happy for anyone to do next year's.

I found that having made the opening post I felt a kind of duty to politely point out the rules and guidelines to people who ignored them. Mostly people replied equally politely. Mostly, but not always. If someone else does it then maybe I will be able to just ignore them.

I'll be entering next year, but my current challenge is to ride out the snotty vomity bug that I have at the moment.

But you did such a good job of politely pointing out the need to abide by the guidelines, and now you have that air of authority which could be carried over to next year ...

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'm happy for anyone to do next year's.

I found that having made the opening post I felt a kind of duty to politely point out the rules and guidelines to people who ignored them. Mostly people replied equally politely. Mostly, but not always. If someone else does it then maybe I will be able to just ignore them.

I'll be entering next year, but my current challenge is to ride out the snotty vomity bug that I have at the moment.

Hopefully you'll be able to ignore them. Started new thread with a blatant (but credited) copy and paste of your opener from this year..

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
A place to discuss entries in the https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-2017-metric-century-100km-a-month-challenge.211917/

Photo's, issues and general all round pat on the backs welcomed, especially for us that are having a go at this one for the first time...

Oh, would be nice to reply if you're putting your name in the frame for this years challenge, so one can keep track. I'll start:smile: (Bracket month indicates challenge ride completed & logged on the thread).
20 starters.

@cosmicbike (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Sea of vapours (Jan/Feb/Feb/Apr)
@Dogtrousers (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@ColinJ (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Donger (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Milkfloat (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Lilliburlero (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@steverob (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Rickshaw Phil (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Osprey (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@Elybazza61 (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@GuyBoden (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Goonerobes (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Ajax Bay (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@tallliman (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Sbudge (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@StuartG (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@13 rider (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Cranky Knee Girl (Jan/Feb/Mar)

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Same as last year I'll be attempting both the imperial and metric challenges in parallel (ie not double counting any miles) but seeing as this is just my own stupid rule, I may break it if I have a difficult month.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am going to have a go at parallel metric century a month and half century a month challenges in 2017.

I had a long lay off last winter and it scuppered my fitness for the first half of 2016 so I have been working hard throughout December to end 2016 well and give me some momentum into the New Year. In fact, I am aiming to do a metric century on Friday, 30th December. I think that will be the longest ride that I have ever done in the final week of a year.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Although I did my maiden 100 miler this year, 100km still always seems a huge effort to me. Just doing 12 of those again next year is still a challenge, and most of my friends think I'm mad. But after 24 consecutive months, I've got to keep it going now. Good luck to everyone else who enters the next one.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's time for me to step up and be counted!

Considering my first 100km ride of the year isn't normally done until the first weekend in April, I'm not looking forward to the early months of this challenge. However if I can get past those successfully, I'm optimistic about my chances.
That is my problem too! This year was scuppered by a long break from the bike after Christmas. I thought I would squeeze the 100 km in somewhere in January but a heavy cold, bad weather, and low morale stopped me in my tracks.

I will be doing a 100+ km ride tomorrow. It is too early to count for the 2017 challenge but it will get me in the right frame of mind for a January metric century.

Top Bottom