The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Thanks ianrauk, what is the actual time limit? I shall report it and ask for it to be edited:thumbsup:

I obviously do not do nearly enough 100km plus rides as the instructions say ...
Register your interest by creating your own post and then edit it, throughout the year, with the details of each new ride.
So the edit time limit must be about a week or something !
Otherwise the only way I see is to rewrite the entire thing again with the new ride added, which is a bit much. I shall bow out.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We cut my Forest of Bowland forum ride short because a couple of us were flagging on the hills and time was getting on so it didn't actually qualify as my May metric century. Instead, a few days later I went on the train to Garforth to treat myself to a flat ride for a change. Instead of the gradients getting to me, I got blasted by strong winds instead! Still - 104 km (64 miles) at 22.5 kph (14 mph) including stops. Moving average was more like 26 kph (16 mph).

I'll be doing totallyfixed & dr_pink's Rutland ride next week which will qualify for the June metric century because I'll be adding a return ride from Coventry to Nuneaton to catch the train.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I obviously do not do nearly enough 100km plus rides as the instructions say ...
Register your interest by creating your own post and then edit it, throughout the year, with the details of each new ride.
Otherwise the only way I see is to rewrite the entire thing again with the new ride added, which is a bit much. I shall bow out.
This is a 'feature' of the new forum software. I raised the matter with Shaun for exactly the same reason - it is a pain having to ask for edits to old posts. He said that he would ask Xenforo's software team to take a look at this 'feature' for a future version of the software. (Perhaps they could make the time limit selectable by forum owners?)

potsy

Rambler
I've missed this months 100k so might as well forget it now, 2nd one missed already.

Other than forum rides I can't seem to get motivated to do a long ride.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

You can easy copy and paste your original listing and add your latest ride. I will check back in the thread to clear up any duplicates.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Surely a 30 day time limit should suffice ha ha !!
Assuming that the time it works from got reset every time you make an edit - yes! If the limit was from when you first posted - no!

I don't like the idea of that 'feature' anyway, whatever the limit is. I was going through some very old posts of mine and found some broken links which I wanted to fix. I don't want to flag up 20 different posts and give detailed instructions on what edits to make for me.

gbs

Guru
log now transferred to the metric century "register" thread - well, that is what is called for the Imperial punters

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

My forum ride on Sunday got shortened to 94 km because Otley Chevin was closed for roadworks and I was running out of steam into a strong headwind coming back so I did 6 km round a circuit in Hebden Bridge to get my full July metric century in.

Top Bottom