The mid-ride pint - a mixed blessing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Tudor, lighten up a bit, a pint at it very near the end of a midweek pub ride is just the ticket. Life is about pleasure as well as keeping fit.

I'm with Globalti on this, even though he's a Lancastrian. ( I'm all for world peace :smile:)

Proper beer, not euro lager fizz, is an ideal recovery drink.

Back in the day, red wine and brandy were de rigueur in the TdF, I'm not convinced sports science has it all right.

MarkF

Guru
On a warm day it's very rare that I don't combine drinking and riding, if I could add in a bit of football too, it'd be perfect. :smile: Stopping for "one", is a dangerous game and one I never win, so I try to not stop till on my return around Skipton, then I can safely wobble along the canal all the way home with only the Marquis of Granby pub at Keighley to tempt me.

Stopping for pre-ride drink in Saltaire is usually a disaster and ends up with no exercise/riding at all and MrsF not talking to me for days.

It's very rare for me to have a drink whilst out on a ride. I personally much prefer to buy 2 or 3 bottles of ale whilst out on a ride; then I've got something to look forward to when I get back home.

I sometimes have a free staff pint of Guinness after work before cycling home. A while ago I cycled to a local brewery for a shareholder meeting and had a couple of pints there, it would have been rude to visit a brewery and not sample their wares. Afterwards I decided to curtail my cycle ride home and get the train home from Taunton.

Davos87

Guru
Can't whack sat outside a nice country hostelry and indulging in a couple of ales during a nice summer ride.
Like someone once said, ' Abstainers are weak people who yield to the temptation of denying themselves a pleasure ' ^_^

Top Bottom