The minor injuries thread....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have a theory that if you don't have plasters in the house you don't cut yourself. When i've had plasters i've cut myself,when i haven't, i haven't cut myself. I haven't had a plaster in my flat for about 2 years and in that time i've only cut myself once and that was last week when i got a little nick on my finger off a knife. I think if you have plasters your brain thinks 'don't worry if you cut yourself, you have a plaster,so you're ok'. If you don't have plasters in the house your brain tells you to be extra careful,so you avoid cutting yourself. This theory also applies to cycle helmets,but that's not for debate on this thread!:okay:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
This was the blunt one!
Worse than a sharp one for injuries.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Well it's not an injury, but it's certainly minor...

1589535688885.png

Strange cracking effect has suddenly ravaged (one small area of) my thumb. Sore. :cry:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Well it's not an injury, but it's certainly minor...

View attachment 522412

Strange cracking effect has suddenly ravaged (one small area of) my thumb. Sore. :cry:

Oh you poor thing.. :rolleyes:

I'd best not post a picture of my thumb after a week at work in the field..

You might all need a bit of a lie down :eek:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I have a theory that if you don't have plasters in the house you don't cut yourself. When i've had plasters i've cut myself,when i haven't, i haven't cut myself. I haven't had a plaster in my flat for about 2 years and in that time i've only cut myself once and that was last week when i got a little nick on my finger off a knife. I think if you have plasters your brain thinks 'don't worry if you cut yourself, you have a plaster,so you're ok'. If you don't have plasters in the house your brain tells you to be extra careful,so you avoid cutting yourself. This theory also applies to cycle helmets,but that's not for debate on this thread!:okay:
I have similar magical thinking strategies :rolleyes:
Which work with varying degrees of efficacy

Cycling is fun they said, cycling is good for you they said.

Not when you fly off into a thorn bush it's not !!! (I had already hit a tree root which due to my speed and momentum, fired me into the river !! ) ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

View attachment 522520

Ooo proper gnarly..

Good amounts of blood there, well done :okay:

Top Bottom