The most obscure or weird forum is........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swansonj

Guru
Pylon of the month

... and here is January 2015's massive erection:

6a00e550d4cce3883401b8d0bd37a5970c-500wi.png
Huh. These foreign pylons, they come over here and steal our pylon of the month awards....

mmm, nice.
Q. Why are 'Nice' biscuits called that?

A. I don't know because they are possibly one of the nastiest biscuits ever, perhaps its sarcasm. Also if you are new to this site and are about to email me saying "Actually its because they are named after the town in the south of France" don't. They're not from there, nobody there has ever heard of them. Hop on an Easyjet flight get yourself down there and ask around, you'll get even blanker Gallic looks than usual. Back when they were invented Huntley and Palmer were knocking out over 450 sorts of biscuits, so naming new sorts of biscuits was probably a matter of just going through the phone book or index in the atlas. Anyhow I don't like them.

gbb

Legendary Member
Whirlwind fighter project....forum with the aim of building a Westland Whirlwind, twin engine fighter, circa 1940s from scrap parts and original plans. No surviving planes exist.
Found it looking for any examples of my late dads artwork. One member has one of dads many pieces, this one a Whirlwind obviously.
While it was a very nice looking aircraft, it was underpowered at altitude but being heavily armed it was used as a low altitude ground attack aircraft.
WestlandWhirlwind.jpg

NOT one of my dads paintings above...just to avoid confusion, although its very similar in style.

Top Bottom