The name is Bond, James Bond and I'm a bin lorry.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just three* here.

Grey wheelie bin for stuff that doesnt' get recycled.
A plastic tub with a yellow lid for glass, metal and plastic.
A plastic tub with a red lid for paper and card.

*The council is now charging extra for green garden waste wheelie. Mine goes in the grey bin.

They no longer recycle food waste, which is a shame. Not that the council ever gave me a food waste bin, even after numerous requests. I tend to eat everything anyway, so it would have been coffee grinds and teabags and little else. I suppose I could chuck those on the garden instead of in the bin though.
Not the teabags though.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not the teabags though.
why not?

FishFright

More wheels than sense
We don't have bins. Hammersmith and Fulham throw endless rolls of recycling sacks at us, but the non recycling stuff goes in a black bags that it's our job to provide. Paper, plastic, tins and glass go in their sack. Food scraps etc (that we don't compost) go in the black sack. It's pretty easy really. The only problem is meat scraps. The local foxes rip open the black sacks every Monday night and then crap on the pavement. We flush a few bits of meat down the khazi to minimise this. It's probably very naughty, but fox poo is seriously unpleasant stuff.

Try liquidising it first, it goes round the bend better.

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Ours are non recyclable. Black bag for it.

Just checked, it was PEP Nr.5 (whatever that means) and had the recyclie symbol on it.

So...... I've just thrown a bin away by putting it in another bin.

We will have to wait until next Friday to see what happens....

classic33

Leg End Member
Are you one of those freakish people who eat apple cores? I once saw it happen and couldn't believe my eyes. Pips n'all.

I wouldn't eat a teabag, besides these days "teabagging" means not what you think it would...
Whats wrong with eating the core?

Teabags, dry out and reuse

Top Bottom