The new commuter - Kona Honky Inc 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Oh yes I have replaced the stock stem spacers with some nice and shiney whitey silver Hope ones.
A nice touch even though I say so myself.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Oh yes I have replaced the stock stem spacers with some nice and shiney whitey silver Hope ones.
A nice touch even though I say so myself.
you should have gone rasta...

Keith Oates

Janner
Ian, Which model of Ciclosport wireless trip computuer have you fitted to the bike? I'm looking for a new computer for my bike and fancied a Garmin but they are not available in Vietnam. However my LBS does have the Ciclosport ones in stock but I've not seen before them or know very much about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's the CM4.2.

It's a nice computer.
I like it becuase it has 3 lines of text. I have it on time of day, speed & ride mileage.
Only glitch is I can't use it next to a gps ie Garmin Edge as it interferes with it.

simon.r

Person
My bike's called 'Il Pompino'. Any Italians find this offensive?:rolleyes:

Nice Honky BTW. I've never owned a Kona but have always liked their clean lines.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My bike's called 'Il Pompino'. Any Italians find this offensive?:rolleyes:

Nice Honky BTW. I've never owned a Kona but have always liked their clean lines.

It's my second Kona.
Used to have a Kona Dew a good few years back.
They are very well made bikes.
At the back of my mind I always wanted another Kona. Seeing the Honky ticked all the right boxes. Have done 772 commuting miles already and loving it.

Having received the report and read through the thread my advice would be to contact Kona with regard to your discontent at the name of the bike; there's nothing I or anyone else here can do about the name of a product that is on general sale.

The thread itself is a good discussion about the upgrading of a bike for commuting purposes and, other than your complaints about the name, is running along in a very amicable and friendly manner with no racist references or inferences. I'm happy for it to continue to do so.

Thanks,
Shaun

Thank you Shaun, and a letter is currently being drafted.

It's nice to see such a reasoned argument/point of view - rather then be called a looney and some mindless point scoring by two other members on this site after I had my point made quite clear backed up from Wiki and the t'Urban diction.

As I have nothing left to add to this thread, then these will be my last words on the topic. If the others which to engage further then PM me please.

[QUOTE 1775130, member: 45"]I'll just point out then before you leave that you neglected to enter into a reasoned argument, as you were given opportunity to explain why you felt the word use (on here and on the bike) was racist in the context that it was used. As such, you do have things to add to this thread. It's up to you whether you do, but the questions remain.

Anyone can quote off the internet. Without context, the quotes in this case hold no value.[/quote]

PM please, thank you.

Top Bottom