The new improved Lance Armstrong discussion thread.*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
But they have banned ditto marks, and thats almost the same thing.
I can't get through the day without those ditto marks. But we tend to use '' to signify ditto. Or ''do'' as an abbreviation.

And the UCI can't do a thing about it!

[QUOTE 3116914, member: 30090"]I think I do.

You mean that doping is rife among UCI cyclists and is very much the culture that you dope. However you are wrong when saying that it does not effect me - of course it does.[/QUOTE]

No i meant effect. A change or consequence.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/03/affect-versus-effect/ Ahem, i believe it is our language and i know how to use it correctly even allowing for your outrageous cultural spelling errors.

Shaun

Founder
Let's give the tit-for-tat a rest please and either get back to discussing Armstrong (in a substantive and respectful way) or leave the thread to rest until someone has something substantial to add.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
That makes sence, but again, everybody dopes in pro cycling, at least who wins. Even eddie was claimed to. If all you care about is winning the tour, to you, the fact you won never dies. You can tell he knows way more than you about it. You havent raced or coached it, so what do you know about UCIs anyway? Not. Very. Much. So stop pretending. If lance hid it for years right under everyones nose, AND WAS THE ONE PEOPLE FOCUS ON AND STILL WASNT CAUGHT, can you imagine what it is like when the officials themselves are not putting a magnifying glass to you? It would make it ven easier. I THINK LANCE IS A HORRIBLE PERSON, but he won, and that fact is stable. He is an impressive best-of-today-cyclist, and is in history as a very accomplished rider. Clearly you didnt actually ride. Had you you would have seen first hand how impossible winning the tour really is without drugs.
No claim about it. Merckx tested positive three times. And LA never won the Tour de France. He broke the rules, he got found out, titles gone. End of story. Well, it will be end of story once SCA Promotions and all the other litigants have finished with him.....
As for the tour being impossible without drugs? Bunk. Slower, definitely, but certainly not impossible. Amateurs have ridden the whole thing clean let alone pros.

Last edited:

Acesand8s

Regular
Yes
No claim about it. Merckx tested positive three times. And LA never won the Tour de France. He broke the rules, he got found out, titles gone. End of story. Well, it will be end of story once SCA Promotions and all the other litigants have finished with him.....
As for the tour being impossible without drugs? Bunk. Slower, definitely, but certainly not impossible. Amateurs have ridden the whole thing clean let alone pros.
. Winning it whilst others are on them is not possible.

Acesand8s

Regular
I dont think you should, but you havent riden your whole life. Lets pretend you did. That all you care about is winning. That you are 14 years old and you beat every living man in your little group rides with riders in semi pro categories. Then you go to Europe and every one is faster. But you still beat most cause youre just that awesome. But not all, esp. not in the tour. So you learn the last 3 winners doped. What do you think you would do after getting so far?
That is the pathetic arms race justification employed by cheats, "I had to cheat because everyone else was"

Acesand8s

Regular
And if he didnt do it before it plays out this way: he like winning his dream race so much he keeps up with the suport he has and finds out he cant do it again without a more than genetic advantage, so he dopes to win the 2nd or third, and then on.

Anyway, we've "been there and done that" ad nauseum with nobbers over the years, I'm not even sure why I continue to reply. Nor why anyone else does. So unless you post anything "new" or which I find mildly interesting I think I'll leave you to your nonsense.

You still haven't told us who you are btw, probably cos you ain't "anybody"

Top Bottom