The new Sherlock series.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
It was complete rubbish. Even my dad, who asked us to put the second episode on because they'd watched the first, was completely confused. I had to look up the plot online. Jonathan Creek's treatment of a very similar plot the following evening was infinitely superior drama, and much funnier.
Hmmmm, might give it a miss then!! I did record Jonathan Creek, not watched it as yet though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The trouble is, they bring out all the good series all at once, then there is diddly squat left to watch for the rest of the year.
Er ...

I tend to record everything as well, but then never seem to get round to watching it.
:whistle:

I have been watching programmes this Christmas/NY that I recorded as long ago as May 2015!

I still have a few series in reserve but am currently watching 'Better call Saul' on Netflix.

Hardrock93

Guru
Hmmmm, might give it a miss then!! I did record Jonathan Creek, not watched it as yet though.
I thought the Jonathan Creek was instantly forgettable and Witness far superior. So pay no heed to my recommendation or others' condemnation. Watch it and decide for yourself!

Last edited:
OP
OP
welsh dragon

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
It seems I was wrong about the time Sherlock starts. Looking at the tv guide it says 8.30. I do apologise folks.:blush:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
World's Strongest Man. Final tonight, you know - 7pm, Channel 5. Turn on and watch more plucky Brits fails to live up to their abilities.
Well.
Not quite. Eddie Hall, despite re-dislocating a finger in the first event of six and as a result coming plumb last managed to come third overall. Lawrence Shahlei, on the other hand, pulled a muscle in the first event, came third from last and instantly dropped out. And the very slappable Brian Shaw won again.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
It was complete rubbish. Even my dad, who asked us to put the second episode on because they'd watched the first, was completely confused.

Apart from the twist at the end (which was a bit predictable), the plot hardly mattered compared to the pleasure of watching superb actors like Toby Jones and Andrea Riseborough in action.

Re Sherlock, I'm hoping it lives up to the hype, but I expect it will.

Tried watching Sherlock tonight, as my younger daughter was very excited about it, but gave up after not very long - just a bloody jumble. It's still on in the background, with younger daughter glued to it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I never watched it as I wasn't keen on the last series. Just some old Marple and Endeavour on ITV 3 last night as dad likes them and I was over there visiting.

Looking forward to the new Endeavour and Silent Witness though :smile:

Top Bottom