The non-Brompton thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

Just got a parcel from aliexpress (via Evri)
5 days, that's not bad for the slowboat from China!

IMG_1085.jpeg

They seem really nicely put together. Light but solid. Bearings a mite stiff though hopefully will free up

What are the two plastic C clip type things?

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think that they are security clips to prevent inadvertent pedal detachments!

Currently repairing a Dahon for sale, and I have to say I'm favourably impressed; with the SRAM dual system it has a respectable 21 gears and the Alu frame makes it relatively light despite that.

Only one question: is it supposed to fold with the handlebars like this?

Dahon Fold.jpg

icowden

Veteran
Currently repairing a Dahon for sale, and I have to say I'm favourably impressed; with the SRAM dual system it has a respectable 21 gears and the Alu frame makes it relatively light despite that.

Usually you fold the handlebars down first before folding the body, so the handlebars should end up between the wheels.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member

View attachment 721664

Not entirely sure, but you either fold the bars prior to folding the frame, or it might possibly 'N' fold.

Just got a parcel from aliexpress (via Evri)
5 days, that's not bad for the slowboat from China!

View attachment 721590

They seem really nicely put together. Light but solid. Bearings a mite stiff though hopefully will free up

Excellent, hope you are as pleased with them as I am. I've never used the clips, the collar thet releases them requires a good degree of movement and some reasonable effort and has to be held there while the pedals are removed. Zero realistic chance of that happening by accident (cue R.I.P. Drago thread folling a nasty unscheduled pedal detachment incident!)

Dadam

QR pedals on now. very pleased with these, thanks @Drago. They suit the bike, whereas I thought the MKS looked huge and blocky. Really positive engagement but easy to attach and detach. It does seem unlikely they would spontaneously detach but being a fairly safety conscious kind of guy I’ve put the plastic clips on anyway.

IMG_1086.jpeg

Dadam

Love it, keep looking for excuses to ride it. That project in Manchester didn’t happen in the end (where I’d have been taking it on the train a couple of times a month), so I’ve not ridden it as much as i thought.

Top Bottom