The non-Brompton thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
I also note the online link for Halfords says "limited stock" which might just be a hustle to get punters to cough up or might mean no more for evermore in that colour or spec. Pity. I liked that orangey red. I will just sit tight for now.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It's be a shame if that really was the last of the Intercity Disc models. To get something from Tern with a similar spec would have you looking at the Tern Verge D9 at £699, and even that doesn't come with two-piece chainset, and doesn't score as well with Bikeradar.

kfoto

Regular
I am a good 6 footer and wanted a lightweight folding bike which had adjustable extending saddle tube and handlebars. So many 20inch wheel models did not have this facility. I also wanted to convert it to an ebike. I had a narrowed down list of 5 models and after looking at all the pros and cons chose the Dawes Jack at £400. I have fitted a ebike kit to it from Yosepower and I am well pleased with the result.

kfoto

Regular
Dawes Jack Folding bike.

Attachments

• ∂awes jack.png
    ∂awes jack.png
    89 KB · Views: 12

teaboy

Über Member
I also note the online link for Halfords says "limited stock" which might just be a hustle to get punters to cough up or might mean no more for evermore in that colour or spec. Pity. I liked that orangey red. I will just sit tight for now.

You like orangey red need to look at Kudos Citrus £199 on line from Rally Design I brought one and love it

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
You like orangey red need to look at Kudos Citrus £199 on line from Rally Design I brought one and love it

The Citrus is a really nice looking frame and a decent level of kit for £199. Likely to be a worthy platform and worth the expense of upgrading the gears and brakes.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Carrera Intercity Disc 8 now "temporarily out of stock" at Halfords. Maybe never more to be seen, or to eventually re appear at a humungous new price? If so, just need to keep an eye out for similar reductions in due course.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm looking at a Tern Verge P10 and the Verge D9 at the moment.
Anyone on here have any of these?

Can get either for about a grand apiece.
The P10 is 101kgs lighter and is 10 speed compared to the D9's 9 (Brain clicks in, hence P10 & D9)

Apart from that, they are very similar bikes.

Top Bottom