The Nostalgia Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 2175116, member: 259"]When I first started driving you pulled up at the garage and you would tell the attendant how much you wanted, while you remained seated in your car.[/quote]

Our local garage still has attendants for the pumps, fuggin expensive fuel mind. Last time I was in New Joisey it was all attendant pumps at the gas station, think it's state law or summat, fuggin cheap fuel mind.

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 2178292, member: 9609"]sex[/quote]
isn't that wot posh people get coal delivered in .

as in 2 sex of coal my good man. pop it into the cellar

mangaman

With this thread, (and the anti one), I can only conclude that the past was great, the present is crap and the future frankly doesn't bear thinking about !

Hey Glow Worm.

(This is a somewhat niche post - sorry) - Jerry Goss / Chris Sutton/ Efan Ekoku/ Ian Crook/ "Disco" Dale Gordon/ Robert Fleck / beating Bayern Munich/ finishing 3rd in the Prem.

See the past wasn't all bad.

mangaman

smoking on buses. Smoking on the telly. Smoking in the classroom (my teacher in the third year of junior school smoked in the classroom).

Thanks for that - I remember when I was very young - in the 70s - my parents (non-smokers) if they invited people round had ashtrays out and even bought some fags for people to enjoy.

A bit like we may leave some snacks around for visitors.

I'd forgotten that.

U

User169

Those were special magical memories for us both DP, but I'd have hoped you'd have kept it away from a public forum.

Do you remember? I thought it was confetti in our hair.

Dinky toys of Bluebird and thinking that the style would seem dated in another 10 years or so

20110701150354-264-bluebird-cn7.jpg

Trickedem

Guru
Not sure if it came up already, but bars of soap. I know you can still buy them, but the only bar of soap in our house is the one I use in the shower. I have been accused of being tight fisted, by the rest of the family for trying to stop them using shower gel. I reckon it must cost about a tenth of the price. Plus I get to smell of coal tar.

Top Bottom