The only form of eye protection that works for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobbling

Regular
Over the years I've tried normal sun glasses specific cycle sunglasses and expensive anti glare wrap around .
The effect of all of them has been initially encouraging until a windy day then at the end of a ride aching eyes .
Having sought help in lots of cycle shops the final resolution to my problem proved to be a £4 pair of safety glasses perspex on e bay slightly bigger than the aerodynamic effect than I had been going for but no eye pain so if that's the cost of vanity so be it

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DeWalt do some decent ones. Cheap as chips at Screwfix :okay:

Over the years I've tried normal sun glasses specific cycle sunglasses and expensive anti glare wrap around .
The effect of all of them has been initially encouraging until a windy day then at the end of a ride aching eyes .
Having sought help in lots of cycle shops the final resolution to my problem proved to be a £4 pair of safety glasses perspex on e bay slightly bigger than the aerodynamic effect than I had been going for but no eye pain so if that's the cost of vanity so be it
Yup, but that isn't a popular message, so therefore this will remain a secret.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Yep, I use Bolle safety glasses which are anywhere between 5 and 8 pounds from Amazon. And they actually look and perform like they were designed as cycling glasses.

I admit that I do have some nice Rudy Project sunglasses, but for low light days the Bolle are perfect.

I was wearing 25 (or so) year old Oakley Mumbos till late last year, when the frame finally fractured
I had 2 pairs of them

I'll admit, if I could have got the same Mumbos, I'd probably have bought a pair

I acquired a pair of yellow lensed safety glasses from a friend
Compared, before 'retiring' the - faded- Mumbos

And here's the Mumbos, when almost new, so they've certainly faded!!!
1991- 1992?

However, as an alternative, I bought these from Screwfix, whilst there for some LED lightbulbs

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-dpg58-1d-eu-clear-lens-safety-specs/26627

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
These DIY shed bargains just show how much sports people are ripped off on fancy eyewear.

OP
OP
Wobbling

Wobbling

Regular
No prob know a lad who puts his glasses on underneath airflow means they dont steam up and dont get wet

Reactions: C R

I use those in snow.

I dislike sunglasses otherwise because I found it makes a barrier between me and other people.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I dislike sunglasses otherwise because I found it makes a barrier between me and other people.

Only when you're talking to people surely? I've always removed sunglasses when I'm talking to someone so I agree with that, and I think it's a nice thing to do. But bashing out many miles on a bike, I don't see the issue with wearing sunglasses on a bright day?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom