The pallaver of downloaded movies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Blu-ray quality videos can be downloaded... and the best thing is, you don't need the silly blu-ray player :okay:
Then, the file gets corrupted, goes all pixelly or the software messes up...swing & roundabouts. I recall waaay back in the 80's when CD's came out they were touted as being tougher than vinyl. Well, just a slice of plastic with the info encoded in one or two layers. Jump like crazy when they get scratched....tested with a brillo pad:okay:.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Then, the file gets corrupted, goes all pixelly or the software messes up...swing & roundabouts. I recall waaay back in the 80's when CD's came out they were touted as being tougher than vinyl. Well, just a slice of plastic with the info encoded in one or two layers. Jump like crazy when they get scratched....tested with a brillo pad:okay:.
There are advantages and disadvantages to all media - physical, streamed or downloaded. Fortunately most of us have a decent choice so if one fails we can move onto the next.

We switched off all the tech last night and got the entire family around the table for a traditional game of Ludo. How quaint.

SydZ

Über Member
When it came to audio my preference was Mini Disc. For some reason it just never took off in any great way.

You may benefit from a trip to the opticians if you can't tell the difference between DVD and HD/4k content :okay:
I don't think he said he couldn't see the difference.

IMO HD/4K does not improve the viewing experience of much of the dross we get on TV or in films other than some good stuff like This Planet, although I admit I do not have one of these giant tv's, just a 42" screen.

Top Bottom