The pallaver of downloaded movies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is odd. You should be able to play movies offline if you paid for it or rented it and viewing within the rental period. Try re-installing the app.

Key feature of the product is to view offline.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
You'd have difficulty playing a dvd on your phone or tablet though.
I cannot think why I would ever want to watch anything on a phone, don't have a tablet.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
DVD is about as physical as a vinyl record... it's stuff printed onto stuff. No point getting all precious about it :angel:
Errrr..... No.

A vinyl record is literally a sound wave cast into physical form. If you play a record without electronic amplification it still plays. Which is why, back in the day, some people got funny about only buying AAA recordings rather than DDA.

A DVD, a CD, an MP3, a dodgy torrent download, are qualitatively different - the information is encoded into digital form, and the identical code can be stored in any medium at all and recovered as long as you have the appropriate decoder. You could, in theory, write a track with pencil and paper using dots and dashes in MP3 format and perfectly recover it.

Ermmm...you do realise that DVD is not the "physical thing" - it's a digital recording. Just checking. Oh, and DVD is pants when you compare it to Blue Ray. (Other HD systems (4K) are available)...but if you want to stick to PAL 625 lines at 50 Hertz, then feel free to do so...May your viewing be fuzzy, and your colours be phase shifted!
I prefer to have the actors actually in the room with me.

Sure, it costs more, but if you want the most authentic experience ...

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I prefer to have the actors actually in the room with me.

Sure, it costs more, but if you want the most authentic experience ...

Star Wars wouldn't look much good though ! :crazy:

Alex321

Veteran
You carry a laptop, pc, or TV around with you whenever you are away from home and might want to watch a film or something?
A lot of us will very rarely want to watch anything when away from home, except possibly in the evenings on business trips - when we probably will have a laptop, and a TV available in the hotel room.

tyred

Legendary Member
Yes it's too much palaver.

It's so much easier to drive to Xtravision and rent the video and come home and find the previous customer mangled the tape and stuck it back together with sellotape.

Top Bottom