The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist

Here she is again, by the looks of it some time later when she was reduced to serving as an instructional airframe. you can see there are 5 more raid tally marks.

gbb

Legendary Member
No photo but sat at home, ears pricked as an aircraft flew over...my immediate thought was Dakota ?
Couldn't see it but a quickly ok at adsb ...its a Beech 18, G-BKGM twin engine from 1952.

Dakota ran on P&W Twin Wasps...the Beech on Wasp Juniors apparently so the sound comparison was there perhaps.
With hindsight, I've seen this aircraft overhead a few times.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
No photo but sat at home, ears pricked as an aircraft flew over...my immediate thought was Dakota ?
Couldn't see it but a quickly ok at adsb ...its a Beech 18, G-BKGM twin engine from 1952.
That particular Beech lives at the strip at Alscot Park (the former RAF Stratford bomber base).

Some interesting background on it here: https://www.gonewiththewind.uk.com/projects (scroll down for the "On the Beech" video). The guy who flew it on that epic trip hired me in 1982, when his day job (and mine) was selling aeroplanes ...

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Found another couple of dads works, unfinished (unframed), Inevitably with the amount of work he did, there will have been some that just never sold, he never got round to finishing etc etc, hence these odd ones
1000000023.jpg

20240422_182616.jpg

A little damaged from floating around for decades...

Top Bottom