The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I agree that the picture does show some similarities with the Blenheim or Beaufighter but it doesn't explain what looks like a stepped wing. If you draw a straight line from the leading edge of wing through the engine and try to match it with the surviving inner section they do not line up.
If the picture is / was a Blenheim lying on its back the exhaust pipe should be showing on the outer side of the nacelle.
The framework shape that is showing in the centre of the picture looks interesting.

MikeG

Guru
When it comes to planes I am more interested in utility than numbers. However, after a lifetime of using just a number 4, yesterday I bought a number 5 1/2 "Jack Plane", and look forward to sharpening it and fettling the................oh...................I see........................not that sort of plane. I'll just be over there, with my mates------>

classic33

Leg End Member
When it comes to planes I am more interested in utility than numbers. However, after a lifetime of using just a number 4, yesterday I bought a number 5 1/2 "Jack Plane", and look forward to sharpening it and fettling the................oh...................I see........................not that sort of plane. I'll just be over there, with my mates------>
I've Jack Rebate planes.

Kawasaki Ki-48?
lily1.jpg

Although the nose glazing seems too big on reflection, but it does have the parallel bars.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Kawasaki Ki-48?
View attachment 429509

Although the nose glazing seems too big on reflection, but it does have the parallel bars.

Yup.

Here it is on the same airfield

kawasaki-ki-48-lily-E1DPRH.jpg

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Is it me ? I was just watching the F35's taking off from the new aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth. As they were accelerating along the deck they have a gert big air intake door / airbrake wide open! :wacko:

Top Bottom