The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Could be a Griffon powered mustang. A fair bit more powerful, as were the Griffon powered Spits.

Theres a kinda shark grey/blue mustang I've seen once twice over the years. The bloody thing don't hang about!

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Could be a Griffon powered mustang. A fair bit more powerful, as were the Griffon powered Spits.

I doubt you'll see a Griffon Mustang this side of the water, or indeed anywhere other than Reno or Chino.

ozboz

Guru
1FB3F544-D2F6-4535-AA28-546578611693.jpeg

Ooooops !

Drago

Legendary Member
The old boy next door to me was an aircraft mechanic in the late 40s and 50s and well remembers working on vampires, venoms and vixens. I dont know if he worked on the Bucc, but I'll ask him now I've seen that.

Every few days a large cargo flight (Airbus something) direct from China carrying PPE goes over our house quite low on it's decent to Bournemouth airport (about 20 miles away), the last one seemed to have 'stuff' trailing behind it, me and mrs d both saw it and commented at the same time so I don't think it was my dodgy eyesight, sort of like what a tanker aircraft would trail, any ideas anyone?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Every few days a large cargo flight (Airbus something) direct from China carrying PPE goes over our house quite low on it's decent to Bournemouth airport (about 20 miles away), the last one seemed to have 'stuff' trailing behind it, me and mrs d both saw it and commented at the same time so I don't think it was my dodgy eyesight, sort of like what a tanker aircraft would trail, any ideas anyone?

You probably saw water vapour condensing in the vortices from the wings.

The vortices are always there, but it needs a bit of humidity before they can be seen.

Tenkaykev

Guru

A couple of weeks ago one came in very low en route to Hurn. I joked with Mrs Tenkay that the pilot could do with a shave 😁

Top Bottom