The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
679580DD-5E95-4F2F-BEC9-EE2388145EE6.jpeg

And again !!

Landsurfer

Veteran
I was part of the team at RAF St. Athan that carried out last Major Service in 1981 on 558 .... after she was retired i had a number of calls from the restoration team as my name was all over the aircraft doc's.
When it was at Bruntingthorpe a number of the team that had worked with me on 74 (F) SQN remembered my chat about Vulcans ...... and i ended up supplying spares for the ground equipment .... foc of course ...

Every few days a large cargo flight (Airbus something) direct from China carrying PPE goes over our house quite low on it's decent to Bournemouth airport (about 20 miles away), the last one seemed to have 'stuff' trailing behind it, me and mrs d both saw it and commented at the same time so I don't think it was my dodgy eyesight, sort of like what a tanker aircraft would trail, any ideas anyone?
They are chemtrails. Governments do it to make you sterile and obedient to the wishes of a secret cabal of lizard overlords. No one has ever admitted to refilling the chem trail tank in any one of the 39,000 commercial airliners at any one of the 17,000 airports over many decades the because that would be telling.

classic33

Leg End Member
They are chemtrails. Governments do it to make you sterile and obedient to the wishes of a secret cabal of lizard overlords. No one has ever admitted to refilling the chem trail tank in any one of the 39,000 commercial airliners at any one of the 17,000 airports over many decades the because that would be telling.
You been watching "V"?

Landsurfer

Veteran
I still prefer the victor. Designed by Satan, with input from Svlad the Impaler. Enemies only need to catch a glimpse before they soil themselves.

View attachment 534232
Straight out of a Star Wars story .......

figbat

Slippery scientist
I still prefer the victor. Designed by Satan, with input from Svlad the Impaler. Enemies only need to catch a glimpse before they soil themselves.

View attachment 534232
In the mid-80s I visited 55 squadron at RAF Marham with the Air Training Corps and had a fantastic talk about and look at the Victors there. They were particularly proud of the scramble time and climb rate of these things.

gbb

Legendary Member
I was part of the team at RAF St. Athan that carried out last Major Service in 1981 on 558 .... after she was retired i had a number of calls from the restoration team as my name was all over the aircraft doc's.
When it was at Bruntingthorpe a number of the team that had worked with me on 74 (F) SQN remembered my chat about Vulcans ...... and i ended up supplying spares for the ground equipment .... foc of course ...
I'd love to see if dad worked on 558, he was at Scampton up till the mid 1970s, it's unlikely he didnt TBF. His name, as well as his twin brothers (crew chief) is on / under the wings. I'm dying for the day we can go see it .

gbb

Legendary Member

View attachment 534232
Told this one before I think but dad was on base one night and a Victor was due in for a quick turn round. They got word it was inbound and sent out one of the relative newbies to martial it in. Too long passed and they got up to see what the delay was....to find the young fella curled up on the tarmac in front of this menacing looking behemoth, lights glaring, pilot screaming with apoplectic rage at the poor sod. Dad said, it really was a menacing looking sight when you stood in front of one in the dark, it completely freaked the poor sod.

Drago

Legendary Member
If war machines were styled by designers theyd all be as scary as the Victor.

Wasn't there an air show a few years back when a taxi'ing Victor "accidentally" took off?

gbb

Legendary Member
On the subject if Spitfires, dad was an aviation (and marine shipping ) artist and had a wealth of reference books on all sorts of aircraft. One of course related to Spitfires, gave very specific details of the place and year of manufacture, ending with their demise. A good many never made it to front line squadrons, shot down en route to squadron, or crashed due to pilot error, mechanical problems or weather...the life of an operational Spitfire wanst very long at all in a lot of cases

Top Bottom