The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Possibly, but tethered to what/

classic33

Leg End Member
Which one?
What Too.jpg

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Today I went to the "Wings and Wheels" show on the site of Woodford aerodrome. What I hadn't realised is the Avro museum is there and it was a great find, really well laid out and informative. Several large models of various Avro planes, especially early ones. Hard to believe that it's only a little over a hundred years ago that pilots were flying what looked like cloth stretched over wood, held together by wire! Apparently 4000 Lancaster bombers (out of 7000) were put together there. The Vulcan bomber is special too. Really interesting museum, it's open regularly, with guest speakers etc.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Today I went to the "Wings and Wheels" show on the site of Woodford aerodrome. What I hadn't realised is the Avro museum is there and it was a great find, really well laid out and informative. Several large models of various Avro planes, especially early ones. Hard to believe that it's only a little over a hundred years ago that pilots were flying what looked like cloth stretched over wood, held together by wire! Apparently 4000 Lancaster bombers (out of 7000) were put together there. The Vulcan bomber is special too. Really interesting museum, it's open regularly, with guest speakers etc.

The Vulcan flew only 7 years after WWII

Drago

Legendary Member
Had to go down to Lydd airport (sorry, London Ashford) where my Dad keeps his Socata TB20 hangered to attend to some business.

I checked in with the flying club who manage the plane on Dad's behalf, and then got to go walk around the storage and maintenance hangers. Too many photos for now, but here's one to keep you going. I'll post the rest when I eventually get home.

IMG_20190814_094227810.jpg

PS, I've just googled the flag. Burkina Faso.

Last edited:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Had to go down to Lydd airport (sorry, London Ashford) where my Dad keeps his Socata TB20 hangered to attend to some business.

I checked in with the flying club who manage the plane on Dad's behalf, and then got to go walk around the storage and maintenance hangers. Too many photos for now, but here's one to keep you going. I'll post the rest when I eventually get home.

PS, I've just googled the flag. Burkina Faso.

Interesting - it's on the UK civil register, but has been given special permission from the CAA to fly wearing its former Burkina Faso AF markings (a fairly common situation with ex-military aircraft).

Top Bottom