The pleasures of vinyl...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Although many have argued on here that the sound quality is poorer and it's an inherently fragile medium there is... Something quite wonderful about putting the needle down and listening to the pops, crackles and good music and also seeing a proper gatefold and cover artwork.

Any other vinyl fans on here and what are your favorite albums?

TVC

One of these days I'll get off my butt and buy a gramaphone. I've got a rack of vinyl I haven't played in 25 years.

Last edited:
After a couple of decades without one, I bought a new turntable a few years ago along with a Cambridge amp and added a couple of actually quite good speakers from a charity shop. I love reminiscing about where I was the first time I played a particular album - that and the experience of listening to an entire side at a time instead of jumping over tracks.

Not necessarily favourite, but Oxygene and Equinoxe getting some play at present.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Love my vinyl. It's particularly good for the kind of music I'm really getting into at the moment - bebop. Dizzy Gillespie, Cannonball Adderley, Count Basic Colman Hawkins, Oscar Peterson, Johnny Hodges, Stan Getz, Gerry Mulligan, Zoot Sims...

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Vinyl. And having lots I am a really cool dad whe daughter has friends round . Which gives her kudos points ( not that she needs them ) and makes me feel good too as I have never been cool.

Tubular bells on original vinyl . Has a few pops n hisses but yes yes yes !!

Aye, got that! Also tried whacking on the Dark Side of the Moon record whilst watching the Wizard of Oz on DVD with the volume off... it does sync a bit and is totally freaky :-)

Top Bottom