The price of fish and chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Carlo's Alnwick - haddock and chips, £6.90, excellent as always. Traditional first night meal when we visit. In a box to take away, but forgiveable as kept them hot until back in Lesbury.

Tin Pot

Guru
So I'm getting cod and chips for £5.99 here in eastbourne (£1 is Vat).

Wondering if I could get a few, stick them in a heat regulating bag and get them home 1hr 45 mins) for dinner and still be good?

petek

Über Member
Massive haddock cooked to order is £4-50 in our local chippie.
Cod is £4 and they generally have some in the warmer.
I always choose haddock.
Chips depending on portion size, £1, £2 or £2-50.
The £2-50 portion-size of chips will feed 4 hungry people.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Wondering if I could get a few, stick them in a heat regulating bag and get them home 1hr 45 mins) for dinner and still be good?
As the nearest F&C shop is at least 20 minutes away by car IME better to let them cool and then plate up and pop in the microwave. Otherwise they'll be lukewarm and soggy by the time you get back.

Tin Pot

Guru
Could be. It's not massive, I don't even know if it's fresh caught - but I like the idea of F&C from a chip shop on the promenade.

IMG_9162.JPG

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

Probably not - they'll sweat in the wrapper and the bag, and the bag won't keep them hot enough for that length of time so they'll be a cold soggy mess by the time you get home.

£9.70 at a chipshop in York. I left when they said the price.

:eek:

Mind you, York has been getting ideas above itself for a while now. ^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Probably not - they'll sweat in the wrapper and the bag, and the bag won't keep them hot enough for that length of time so they'll be a cold soggy mess by the time you get home.

:eek:

Mind you, York has been getting ideas above itself for a while now. ^_^
If the fish were bigger they may have had some chance.

Top Bottom