The price of fish and chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
It's definitely a supper.:okay:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Refreshing to walk into a thread where cyclists aren't beating each other over the head with their PhDs and solid tyres. I can almost smell the vinegar....
£4.00 recently in Penistone, and rather nice. Around a fiver in my bits of North and West Yorkshire.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
upload_2017-6-11_23-15-32.png

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Reminds me of our Brighton ride.

I was too knackered to face solid food at the time.

Ebike or not, 16.4mph average did for me.

Hyslop

Veteran
£10.70 for small fish and large fish and chips at Rennucis in Carlisle.And it is a large fish...in fact the small one is in itself quite a challenge!Chip's?....oh, quite a lot!I'm happy to pay,as every now and then I thoroughly enjoy fish and chips.

The chippy in the village asks £5.50 for cod & chips. The quality's middling, but the portion is enough to last me for two days.

On the other hand the chippy on the market place in town is award winning and the food is top notch. It's only a pound more, there or thereabouts, but it's a while since I've been there. Reason is, it's a 10 mile round trip, whereas it's only a three mile round trip to the village chippy.

More often than not, I'll just nip out for a large chips to add to whatever I'm cooking here.

As an aside, I really do like catfish - prefer it to cod tbh.

Top Bottom