The problem with getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Me here too - not quite 39.... been getting forgetful for years...there is no hope !!!

Headgardener

Armchair Cyclist
Think your forgetful now wait 'til your approaching 49, rapidlly:biggrin:.

Arch

Married to Night Train
peanut said:
Loved the one about the stannah stair lift. Funniest thing I've heard in years.

Heard it again today, it was from a new comedy show to go out on R4 next Thursday, I think, in which younger and older comedians compete to be the funniest. I think the stair lift one was Barry Cryer,

yello

I forgot the word 'bathroom' this morning. Fortunately, I didn't forget why I was going there... THAT'S when I'll worry.

Hover Fly

Lazy so and so
yello said:
I forgot the word 'bathroom' this morning. Fortunately, I didn't forget why I was going there... THAT'S when I'll worry.
It's when you forget to go there you should really worry.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Slightly off the topic, but

When I was much younger than I am now, I used to think that "when I am older, I will be able to do, within reason, just as I wish to do".

This appears not to be the case. People seem to expect me to do things that they want to do, and cannot accept that there are things that I do not want to do, and other things that I do want to do. They (mostly relatives) seem to be very afraid of someone "doing their own thing".

For instance, I am ssshh don't tell everyone, going to the theatre next Friday, on my own. :laugh: I do not know anyone else who wants to see this person in concert (Dennis Le Corriere, from Dr Hook, if you must know.) :laugh:

Added to which that if I used to like or not like something, then I am supposed to still like it, or not like it, and not to have changed my opinion.
If you have this, or a similar problem, you will know what I am talking about. If you don't, well perhaps you are just too young. :laugh:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
peanut said:
And what was the sugar bowl doing in the fridge last week eh? eh ?
On Friday I put the milk back in the fridge and discovered a large bag of cereal in there....

yello

I found my alarm clock in the fridge one morning... I think that was more to do with drink than old age though.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I lost my address book once, and found it many months later, in my sock drawer. It is not that I do not wear socks, but I must have put the diary in there :laugh: in the spring, so I did not find it again until the autumn, back in the days when summers had warm or even hot days, which also shows how old I am. :laugh:

Noodley

I'm sure my colleagues and line manager think I am strange. e.g My line manager asked if I wanted a coffee the other day and I declined. Less than five minutes later I made a coffee for myself and she seemed to think this was strange; but I had not wanted a coffee when she asked but did a few minutes later...they also think it strange I know nothing about reality TV shows.

Lardyboy

tdr1nka said:
I only reach 40 in six months and just this morning I found a grey nose hair!:o)

It's finding grey hairs in other parts of the anatomy I'm not looking forward to! :tongue:

Top Bottom