The problem with getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Its not just that I'm getting more cranky and less tolerant as I grow older ,I seem to be getting more forgettful too . Take last night for instance. I rush home get changed , rush round to the Gym to find my personal trainer isn't there.!.... Curse everybody roundly, ...go home to find I have the wrong date . Its booked for Friday night.

Yesterday I found £10.00 note folded in some old receipts which I was about to throw away. ....last month I lost £230.00 in folded notes only to find it later neatly deposited on the top of the kitchen waste in the pedal bin .And what was the sugar bowl doing in the fridge last week eh? eh ?

Where's it all going to end I ask myself. Hang on a mo just going to check I've turned the cooker off..........

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Nah, I know more and more. You have to fight that sort of negativity mentally and physically otherwise it's a slippery slope.
Perhaps your brain is so full up with useful knowledge that a few minor details get shunted aside now and then. You're just too clever for the RAM. Doing The Guardian's cryptic prize crossword increases capacity!:smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Heard a gag on the radio last night about the latest turbo stannah stairlift - gets you upstairs before you've forgotton what you went for...

I'm finding (and the advanced age of nearly 40) that I forget words. Not too often, but words that I would expect to have to hand easily. Sometimes I have to work my way round to them, sometimes I just have to give up and use another one that isn't quite what I mean to say.

yep! I'm not known as grumpy dad for nothing who gets left careful lists of things to do which makes him more grumpy ;):biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
I'm finding (and the advanced age of nearly 40) that I forget words. Not too often, but words that I would expect to have to hand easily. Sometimes I have to work my way round to them, sometimes I just have to give up and use another one that isn't quite what I mean to say.

not just me then ;)

Gromit

Über Member
I have been forgetting words ever sins I can remember, I hate having to describe something because I don't have the words. ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mr Pig said:
Ha ha ha, like it :0)

Did you see Top Gear on Sunday, and Clarkson's V8 blender. He was thinking of a V8 stairlift next...

OP
OP
P

peanut

oh god I've just larfed meself silly ...thanks guys you're a tonic:biggrin: my neighbours will know I've lost it for sure.
Loved the one about the stannah stair lift. Funniest thing I've heard in years.
have a great weekend everyone.......it is Friday isn't it ..? :girl:

Top Bottom