The pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Pub gardens are opening tomorrow, only when I looked at the website of my local all the places were booked out until next week. I wonder if this is going to be the same everywhere. I am thinking of cycling out into the countryside and not stopping until I find an open pub not booked out.

Julia9054

Guru
I shall probably be giving it a miss until
a) the weather warms up
b) the novelty wears off and you don’t have to book anymore

There was a press write-up about people booking out pubs and restaurants weeks ahead. It was mentioned in one of the threads here.

My local serves good meals, with various special offers most nights. It is a popular place to eat.
They are taking bookings for a proportion of their outdoor seating, for people wanting food, but not taking bookings for other, non food, tables.
Personally, I will wait until after pubs are open for indoor meals before going to one. Being a seaside town, the seagulls will plague the outdoor diners, unless there is some sort of marquee to keep the gulls off...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My wealthily retired brother who seems to use his local in preference to his kitchen has already booked for the first dine-in night.

He was told that evening is already close to full.

Gunk

Guru
I also tend to go when I’m in the mood, mainly spur of the moment, not next Thursday at 7.30pm

dodgy

Yep.....me too.
OK if its special occasion eg anniversary etc but as you say, how can you decide you want a couple of pints 2 weeks in advance.

I'm the same with bike rides, it's why I don't enter paid events. Then you also have to contend with whatever the weather throws at you on that specific day, even if it was sunny dry and warm the day before.

Brains

Legendary Member
Pub gardens are opening tomorrow, only when I looked at the website of my local all the places were booked out until next week. I wonder if this is going to be the same everywhere. I am thinking of cycling out into the countryside and not stopping until I find an open pub not booked out.

That's gonna be a looooong ride!

Brains

Legendary Member
Around us all outdoor spaces were booked up ages ago.
And you only get a two hour slot.

If you want to drink with your mates, then get out your deckchairs and invite them over to your own 'pub' garden.

Top Bottom