The pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At the end of a long day on my feet ive been measured as low as 192cm. I feel Ronnie Corbett's pain.
You try being 5'8"! Helps on the hills though.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
I can wait for the pubs to open without pre-booking, my priority is to get my hair cut.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Pics of my local pub's beer garden posted on a local facebook page show beautiful sunshine.but....

1618181488242.png

1618181532607.png

This is more likely to be the case!

1618181616551.png

:cold:

No way am i attempting to walk down the darkened steps (I'm a last hour of opening drinker) to what'll be a freezing cold beer garden and paying what'll most likely be over 3 quid a pint (expected price rises to make up for their losses during lockdown) for the pleasure! I'll wait till (is it the 17th of May?) when we're allowed to sit in a warm pub. I like warm pubs and warm beer(with at least a half inch head on it,not that southern softy flat stuff!🧐;)),not cold beer gardens and cold beer!🧐

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
When the pubs first went into lockdown, there was more demand than there was capacity to sell cans. When they came out, there was a shortage of keg beer because by then they'd all geared up their canning lines. My fear is that cask beers are going to be increasingly difficult to find. They have a shorter life and they're bigger quantities so they need a steady demand. It's possible that a number of the smaller breweries will opt to concentrate on kegging their beers rather than risk cask beer going to waste.

Snowing here in london but I may go just to tell the last year to go fark it/celebrate the end.
Was on a ride with a cchatter on a cchat ride yesterday who had booked a meal in/out a pub for this week - next week looking better.
Last I heard spoons weren't running a booking system* at all so I will favour them - one of theirs near me has one of the best pub gardens in London - a view, albeit from a distance, of the London Eye, so I may even go there - Richard burton and liz taylor at the height of their celebrity/notoriety once went there for a sunday drink, so good enough for me.
* You can also use their app to check what beers the individual pubs have on before heading out into the snow.

dodgy

4c here rising to probably 7c opening time, it's hailing. You'd have to be pretty determined to have a pint. Pub gardens will be full of the type who wait for a Wetherspoons to open for breakfast. :laugh:🤷‍♂️

. Pub gardens will be full of the type who wait for a Wetherspoons to open for breakfast. :laugh:🤷‍♂️
I plead guilty to that sinful pleasure when touring or after a night ride to the coast. By the by, i checked the beers - seems to be very restricted, ruddles and abbot even at some i know to be dependably excellent. Reasons understandable i suppose. May have to wait until May 17.

Top Bottom