The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
You don't know the half of it. Fierce competition to be the first to tag a brand new vehicle, timing your graffiti so they don't have a chance to clean it off before it goes out, not tagging various bits so that it doesn't get pulled out of service and trains cancelled, using boot polish in pens so that it penetrates the substrate and leaves a more lasting mark, etc, etc, etc.

Part of the graffiti culture is to steal the spray cans in the first place.

Possibly the cab has direct access to the passenger section.

The train is a Desiro Mainline unit which have power cars similar to the are similar to the double deck Desiro HC trains I travel on in Baden-Württemberg. As far as I can recall they don't have a separate entrance to the cap.

Mike_P

Guru
Single from electronic music group Vieon

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX0i8RKLRZs
Full version

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBY4PGCLcq4

IC125 lyrics.jpg

Last edited:
They don't have much of a graffiti problem in Singapore.

Having seen their record on civil rights and surveillance ,I'm not surprised.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Went into the archives at NRM today, saw, among others, the first known child’s drawing of a train, a beautifully coloured drawing of Stephenson’s bridge over the Nile, complete with camels, and letters too valuable to even breathe on.

What year would that have been?

Bristolian

46100 Royal Scot came thundering through my local station (Filton Abbey Wood) this afternoon, light engine en-route to Crewe (from Bishops Lydeard). The weather was pretty awful leading up to her arrival but we got a few minutes of weak sunshine just as she hove into view at the top of Filton Bank. The damp air meant she was putting out lots of steam ^_^ :okay:
DSC_7819_LR.jpg

Spartak